We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Hi

I am travelling to Sorrento on 1st July for 10 days with my husband and 2 children (4 and 10 months at time of travel) and would like some recommendations on where to stay? I was thinking an apartment/villa in a popular area as would like to eat out for lunch/dinner.

It would be good to be close to a beach and somewhere to walk of an evening with good restaurants and bars.

A child friendly place is also needed, perhaps with the ability to higher a highchair etc?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Danielle

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Central point of Sorrento is Tasso Plaza, there is no beach at Sorrento only bathing platforms; nearest beach being at Meta.

Vacation rentals www.venere.com www.vrbo.com www.airbnb.com

Naples airport bus to Sorrento www.curreriviaggi.it

Trains Sorrento to Pompeii Scavi, Herculaneum and Naples www.eavcampania.it

Amalfi coast buses Sorrento to Salerno and Ravello via Amalfi www.sitasudtrasporti.it Click on Orari for Campania bus time

Ferries www.alicost.it www.coopsantandrea.com from Naples www.alilauro.it

Campania region www.italia.it/en/home.html

www.sorrentotourism.com

www.amalficoastweb.com

www.capri.net

www.timeout.com/naples

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Hi

Thank you for this, however i was after an actual recommendation. We would be looking for a serviced apartments preferably within a hotel, one that was recommended to me was magi house relais but this is fully booked.

Thank you

Danielle

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

There are villas in the garden at The Bristol Hotel. We have stayed at this hotel a few times and it is a lovely place to stay. The villas are at the back of the hotel in a very peaceful location.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,177 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Check out Rota Suites - they may suit your needs. I have not stayed there myself but they are well-reviewed here.

5. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:15