We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellesley...
9 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Do we have to book a ferry ride in advance as we are traveling in early June. Thankyou!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,585 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Book on the day at the ferry port www.alilauro.it

Trains Naples lower basement station to Sorrento www.eavcampania.it

www.sorrentotourism.com

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,054 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

No, there are ferries throughout the day and you don't need to buy in advance. Do, by all means, go by ferry rather than the local train. The ferry costs more, but it's faster and far, far more comfortable.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

We are landing in the Naples Airport and would like to take the Ferry to Sorrento .

I have read the bus from the airport to the Ferry is a 1 hr trip? can any one confirm this also what bus (s)

do you take to get there

Thx

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

Here's info re: bus from airport to port to get a ferry - I don't know how long it takes to get from the airport to the port; no, you don't need to buy tickets in advance (nor, do I think you are can anyway - but, someone can correct me if I am wrong)

napoliunplugged.com/naples-alibus-airport-sh…

I'd probably just go to the train station and get the Circumvesuviana (local train) to Sorrento (takes about 60-70 minutes, costs less than 5 euros per person) - When arriving via ferry in Sorrento, depending on where your hotel is located, you will likely have a climb up through the town to reach the hotel - train station is more convenient to many places.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,054 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

From the airport it makes more sense to simply take the bus directly to Sorrento, this will be faster and easier than the train or the ferry.

www.curreriviaggi.it/inglese/E_index.html

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

I thought of the climbing part,

And thx all I believe the bus is the best

We will get enough boats rides once we are set up in Sorrento

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

I am wondering whether to hire a car at the airport to help with the transfer but would I need it once in Sorrento. ?

8. Re: Travel from Naples to Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18