We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter weekend - what will be closed?

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Easter weekend - what will be closed?

Hi

I will be in Sorrento from Good Friday to Easter Monday inclusive and have a list of places I wish to visit. Would somebody be able to tell me if all of these places and my suggested mode of transport will be open/running over all of the Easter period please?

Pompei by train from Sorrento

Mt Versuvius by train from Sorrento and connecting bus from Pompei scavi/Villa deiMisteri

Herculanium - as above

Capri, by boat from Sorrento (weare staying in centre of Sorrento, so guessing ferry terminal is easy walking distance?)

Many thanks for any advice.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,878 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

You should be able to do any of these on any day. Good Friday is a normal working day in Italy, and Easter Saturday is a normal Saturday. You might need to check with your hotel about the Vesuvius bus on the Sunday.

The port is a long steep walk down from the town centre, and it seems like an even steeper and longer walk back up. There are buses.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

Thanks, very helpful info.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,449 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

There is a lift you can take down to near the port. I'm not entirely sure of its exact location but I think it is somewhere near the Cloisters.

And actually, I could do with that info. myself..

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

@maudsters, Post #3 has the location (sometimes it's out of order, so I wouldn't depend on it).

tripadvisor.com/…43415681

Edited: 17 March 2014, 12:36
cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,449 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

Thanks for that ocpony!

ps. love your avatar.. it's Lucca isn't it?

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

Yes, my avatar is lovely Lucca (Torre dei Guiigi). I spent a week there the 1st of October, it was my first visit and certainly won't be my last.

Have a wonderful day.

7. Re: Easter weekend - what will be closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19