We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running in Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Running in Sorrento

My family and I are spending 10 days in Sorrento beginning 4/15. I'm wondering if anyone had suggestions on safe running route suggestions and any other info I will need to know. I typically run 6-13 miles per day but am open to a 3-4 mike loop that I can just keep doing. Worse case, I need a gym with a treadmill. Thanks so much.

USA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Running in Sorrento

http://www.mapmyrun.com/it/sorrento-campania/

Google Street View is a good way to double check any route, to see how wide (or non-existant) the shoulders are.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running in Sorrento

Traffic very very busy in town.

Minimal if any pavements.

If you are staying up in the hills maybe?

Rick Steves has guides on hikes.

Ulisse Deluxe Spa may have a running machine - not sure.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Running in Sorrento

You need your wits about you just to walk along some of the roads in Sorrento!!! You could exercise by going down to the two marinas and back up again - lots of steps and very steep roads.

4. Re: Running in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 06:16