We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Agnello or St Agata

Heysham, United...
2 posts
1 review
31 helpful votes
St Agnello or St Agata

Hi There,

i am trying to put together a holiday touring Italy, I have got the first part sorted, Pisa, Train to Rome, Train to Naples, Train to Sorrento, but I cant find much info about Sorrento, I have been offered a choice of 3 star hotels in the area, 2 in St Agata and 1 in St agnello. How far out of Sorrento are they and are they easy to get to?

I would apprereciate any input. The Hotel names are Londra,villa Fernandra and Delle Palme

Thanks in advance

Paul & Kathy Rogers.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
25,349 posts
1. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

St,Angello is just almost a suburb of Sorrento and you can walk into the centre of Sorrento in about 15 minutes,the local train is one stop away and the local buses take just a few minutes.

St,Agata is several miles outside Sorrento .

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
53,487 posts
88 reviews
83 helpful votes
2. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

Would add to what unclegus says , S.Agata is a bit inland and really not a lot there,

Heysham, United...
2 posts
1 review
31 helpful votes
3. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

Thanks for the input, we have booked for St Agata, I have read some good reviews about the place and some (not many) negative.

I will send in a report when I get back.

Thanks again.

Paul.

maidstone, england
Level Contributor
404 posts
124 reviews
80 helpful votes
4. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

St Agnello is just outside Sorrento, a 10 minute walk really easy. The rain station is at St Agnello or Sorrento itself. Both easy to get to and walk from.

I stayed in a hotel just behind the Londra which is on the Via Rota, we stayed at the La Pergola, it really is a great hotel fabulous service and food to match.

I know the Londra is on the main road, the swimming pool is larger than the La Pergola, it is much bigger in size generally. I know if I had a choice I would go with the La Pergola, but then they spoilt us so.

If you get off the railway station at St Agnello you walk out to the front onto the Corsa Italia, you then take a right along the main Corso Italia. You head up that road until you see the Via Crawford on your right, its a biggish crossroads diagnolly opposite was a patiserrie/ ice cream bar, on the corner I think was another italian bar, anyway go down the Via crawford until it splits into three you need to take the left hand road Via Cocumella, the Londra is on the left at the bottom. Its walkable. watch the trees that grow in the pavement it adds to the fun.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
53,487 posts
88 reviews
83 helpful votes
5. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

Hope they like St Agata I really not see any comparison , went they once on a day trip never again, nothing there, S. Agnello every time,

London, United...
1 post
1 review
5 helpful votes
6. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

You could go by hydrofoil Naples to Sorrento, it takes less time than the train I believe, straight across the bay. Sant Agnello is good we stayed at the Pergola Hotel recently - see reviews. About 20 mins walk into town, but much more peaceful.

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
46 helpful votes
7. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

My friends went to S.Agata and said it was really beautiful with views over the two bays of Naples and Salerno... it's right up on the ridge of the promontory... maybe it depends on the hotel you're in.

I think it's much quieter than Sorrento as it's out in the countryside and only a small village. But... that may be what they would like, somewhere quiet and more remote... they can always go down to Sorrento for more nightlife, shops and the ferries !

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
46 helpful votes
8. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

Have a look at the tripadvisor reviews on St Agata dei due golfi, here's one for a taste, posted July 27th 2006 :

I went with my family,back on saturday. I love it, I have been there 4 times now, it gets better and better. The people are very friendly. The restaurants are lovely, altho there are not that many, if you walk down many of the little side streets you will find very nice pizzerias. The best restaurant is 'lo stuzzichino', it is situated in the square, the busiest place in Sant'Agata. At night Sant'Agata comes alive,all the locals come out and relax, there is a great atmosphere.'Bar Gregories' is the best, they play music and have singing nights,and bands come and perform. There are also places like Sorrento that are close by, you can get a bus very easily from Sant'Agata, as they come frequently. I am going to Sant'Agata next year (again), and i can't wait. Also, Don Alfonsos' is a very expensive restaurant/hotel, it has been given very good reviews so its worth checking out. there are a few hotels in Sant'Agata, 'Hotel Sant'Agata','Hotel Villa Fernanda', 'Hotel Del Palm'.

9. Re: St Agnello or St Agata

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.