We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Hello,

I am getting married at the Cloisters on 9th July 2014. We are following the ceremony with a reception at the Relais Blu.

We have gone through Thomas Cook to make our wedding arrangements (a few hiccups later ....) & I am struggling to gain any sort of guidance with regards to processional music / ceremony music. I wondered if any Cloisters' Brides could tell me whether there is the facility to play music - I would love to walk down the aisle to a particular song & I am panicking I may be walking in silence!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Hi Kirsty,Yes you can have music at the Cloisters.Thomas Cook wedding planner should be able to arrange this for you.Have you been to visit? We have just come back and its stunning,you wont be dissapointed. The acoustics should be lovely.

Rene.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Wandered into The Cloisters and it was so cool and peaceful. Rows of chairs were covered in white fabric and bows. White lillies and roses had been beautifully arranged on a small table and there was an urn of flower petals and roses. Gentle music was playing. Totally romantic. Wishing you a beautiful day.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Hello,

Thank you for your reply Rene - I have never visited Sorrento! I have only seen the many photographs my parents took when they visited last year & we swiftly changed from a Rome to a Sorrento wedding! Thank you for reassuring me :-)

Thank you for your reply - I am based in Chester, so not far from you 'se262014' at all.

Kirsty

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

How amazing is that! Sorrento has called us back many times! It's a beautiful city and we have seen many happy couples walk out of The Cloisters. Many have photos taken overlooking the sea.The views are spectacular.

Should you wish to know anything while I am here, I will try to find out for you.

You have chosen a good time to come. We have been in the summer and autumn. We have had lovely weather this week. (One morning it rained.)

We always find so different to do and different places to visit. Don't usually come on TA though!!! Wanted to find out about Ischia and here I am on the forum!!!

Enjoy your planning.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

I think I spoke too soon about the rain!! It is April after all!! Has not stopped our enjoyment at all.

Passed The Cloisters yesterday. No wedding there, but spoke to an Italian lady and she said many brides have musicians. There are electric points. Hope this helps.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Many thanks for your kind offer! And, for the information you gleaned from the Italian lady, which is very helpful.

This is also my first time on a Trip Advisor Forum - I had seen many posts relating to weddings abroad , and thought it would be the way to go in order to gain advice from others.

Hope you had/continue to have a lovely holiday.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Home already! Thoroughly enjoyed our week in beautiful Sorrento.

I should have said the Italian lady works at The Cloisters. She was manning the door when we passed by so we asked her about the music and she said musicians do play. (We knew that because we have been to concerts there.) She didn't grasp our questions about power points so we checked for ourselves and found them.

I have read lots of the wedding posts as I was trying to find new things to do and different places to visit and found many good suggestions. We ended up going to The Aragonese Castle on Ischia this time and plan a holiday on the island at a future date. We went on the sunniest day and it was fantastic.

A fun restaurant to check out in Sorrento is Taverna Allegra. It looks like a converted stable inside and has brightly coloured chairs. The food is good and they usually have a singer and encourage audience participation which we thought a bit bonkers until we went and found ourselves joining in and having a great time.

Well, enjoy your planning and your special day.You have chosen the best time to go.

12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Hi, sorry i cant offer help with the music although as suggested i would of thought this could be arranged no problem by your wedding planner. We are getting married at cloisters may 2015 and we have booked through book of dreams who are arranging a guitar and mandolin player. I am wondering if you could offer any suggestions on hotels that are quite central, would be good for families inc small children and are reasonably priced.

Hope you can help :) xx

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

The Hotel Continental is a central hotel that is reasonably priced. It has a swimming pool. Italian hotels,whilst welcoming children, do not provide clubs and play facilities like the Spanish hotels.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cloisters Wedding in Sorrento, July 2014

Hi,Im sure if you ask youre wedding planner she will give you advise on the hotels and give you different budgets.Ive heard that Book of dreams know Sorrento inside out and are very good.I know there are a couple of All Inclusive Hotels ,which may be abetter option for familys.This is something i myself will look into.me to 2015!