We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights in Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
YORK
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights in Sorrento

Hubby and I will arrive in Sorrento on Tue 10th June for 5 full days was hoping to be 10 days but going to Rome first, anyway planning on doing the following but hoping for a bit of a rest too would be grateful if you could let me know if visits to certain places would be better on different days:-

Will arrive Tuesday about 3ish and plan on stopping in Sorrento maybe take a walk to the harbour

Wednesday travel to Capri and either take the chair lift or a boat trip as well as walking around main square. Plan on getting there early to see as much as possible

Thursday go to Amalfi and Ravello will try and book a coach tour don't fancy getting bus and standing. Could anyone please recommend a tour company that stops for a decent time in each of these 2 places

Friday, Pompeii travel on the train

Saturday free day in Sorrento find a bar to watch England vs Italy, any suggestions please!

Sunday, boat to Positano

Leave early Monday

Thanks for any comments

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights in Sorrento

Hi

The world cup footie will be on everywhere especially if Italy are playing. I watched England play a couple of years ago in Sorrento old town on Via San Cesareo, near Monnalisa bar and Sedil Dominova bar. There are about five cafes or restaurants in a row and the biggest screen was near there in a café called Taverna or something like that. We were also in Sorrento when Napoli won promotion to Serie A and there were banners, flags and bunting everywhere. Fantastic family atmosphere.

Golden tours are highly recommended on these pages but we've used Thomson a few times especially for the Amalfi Drive tour which stops in Amalfi for a couple of hours then lunch in a nice restaurant in Scala then up to Ravello for another couple of hours. You can also get the ferry to Amalfi and Positano but a bus is required for Ravello. Your travel itinerary looks fine to me. I would also recommend you have a walk along the Marina Grande and have a coffee or something in one of the cafes on the sea like Bagni St Anna or Delfino's but they are all usually good.

Getting back to the footie. We'll be arriving in Lake Garda near the end of the world cup and I hope beyond hope that England make it to the quarter finals but I suspect we'll be watching Italy and Uruguay.

Eddie

Edited: 22 May 2014, 23:12
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,610 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights in Sorrento

This one has a football atmosphere.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNMPSHTvCoA

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights in Sorrento

Hi

Yes, nice video from Lordkimmage. I've seen Chaplin's bar but never been in it but it looks like a lot of fun. I've got about six different versions of Return To Sorrento and Dean Martin's version is my favourite and he's certainly got them singing in here. All together now, when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie.....that's amore.

Here is another, slightly more sober, Sorrento link.

bestofsorrento.com/2012_01_01_archive.html

Eddie

4. Re: 6 nights in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:15