We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

JACKSONVILLE
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

The two of us will be flying into Naples April 2014 and staying in a villa in Massa Lubrense. Im wondering what the best way to travel from the airport to Massa Lubrenese would be and also best way to get around using Massa Lubrense as a home base. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ischia
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

April? mmhhh... Aniway... from the airport if you don't want to go by taxi, there's a bus called alibus to get to the central railway station where you can take the train to sorrento ( everything 1 hour and half ) and from there there are bus to massalubrense, which is divided in small villages, so you must know where exactly you're going to. Only one suggestion for excursions: don't miss ieranto bay! wonderful place...

JACKSONVILLE
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

Thank you so much for the response. I saw in your post that Massalubrenese was split into small villages. The address of the villa is Via del Generale 12 - 80061 Massa Lubrense. Does that help at all? Also, the alibus is that something that would be included in the seven day transportation pass or purchased separately? Is April not a good month to visit?😳

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

I don't know about transportation in the area but April can be a fine time to visit; the high season begins just after Easter BUT do not expect warm weather (it may get warmish but it can still be on the cool side) and the sea will be far too cold for most people to swim in.

If you expecting warm beach weather, you will likely be disappointed. And, given that it is Spring, it can be rainy - but, like weather anywhere, one never knows for sure.

It is very comfortable time for walks, hikes as it really won't yet be bursting with people.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

We had very warm weather this April. In fact, we had two very hot days that were superb plus a couple of showers including a tremendous thunderstorm. It was too warm to wear anoraks. We just used brolleys. The locals were dressed up like onions though! As Mom Cat said, it's a great time to go sightseeing. The summer months can be extremely hot and very busy.

ischia
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

Noo... sorry... I've been confused about the date.. april 2014!... So, you're talking about next year.. right? well... first of all you should know via del generale where is exactly, but.. doesn't matter too much 'cause in every part of massalubrense there is a public bus to go around. About swimming: in april the sea is too cold, about 15!!! But most of the time the weather is ok, about 20, and sometimes is raining...Alibus is not included, it costs 4 euro. April is a very good option for trekking, sunbath and what else, but not for swimming....

JACKSONVILLE
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

I confused myself! Sorry- I meant April 2015😁. Thanks for all of the great responses. I'm curious if the Curreri and Alibus are the same or if one is better to take with luggage to Massalubrenese. I also read posts where people strongly suggest not taking the public transportation and hiring a driver to go from the airport to the villa. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

Drivers pick you up at the airport and take you directly to your villa. There are many good companies based in Sorrento. (Read the reviews on Trip Advisor. ) We have done this in the past and had wonderful service. Perhaps it would be worth your while to contact a few companies and get quotes.

Lots of people use public transport to get from the airport to their accommodation. You will have to get to the bus or railway station in Naples, travel to your destination point and then make your way to your villa. Buses and trains are cheap but taxis expensive. (There are lots of helpful reviews on TA.too.)

Edited: 09 June 2014, 15:00
UK
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

Via del Generale appears to be a road leading off the coast road between Sorrento and the small town of Massa Lubrense itself. As explained there are a few hamlets and villages in the Massa Lubrense District which have Massa Lubbrense as their address.

There are 2 bus services that go along the coast road ie Sita and EAV (Linea A) and there is a bus stop for them both at the junction of the two roads. It is too early to see the bus timetables for next year. They do change depending on the season (and how much public funding is available!) so you will have to check nearer your dates of travel.

We always use a private car transfer from the airport to Sorrento because it is much more comfortable and convenient. However, if you want to use public transport the simplest way is to take the Curreri airport bus (10euro pp at the moment) to Sorrento railway station. From there it is either a bus or a local taxi (reckon on about 30 euro plus) to your lodging. You would then have to walk from the bus stop to wherever your villa is located along Via del Generale.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 01:11
JACKSONVILLE
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

The exact details I was looking for! Thank you for being specific.

10. Re: transportation from Naples airport to villa Massa Lubrense

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 05:17