We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

All,

I have posted my pics and videos of my fantastic trip to Sorrento if you want to see what the city looks like from just the average tourist view. I am not any type of pro photography, so don't expect to see art work, but they may give you some idea of what to expect.

Expect magic. That's how I can sum it up. The Hotel Continental was outstanding, the city was incredible, the views were spectacular. The people were the friendliest and most helpful I have encountered.

This was our second trip to Italy, the first being two years ago to Florence.

If you have some questions, I can try to help.

https:/…

Take care,

Eddie

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Hi Eddie, Pleased you had a great time. I ma planning a trip to Sorrento in October with the view to marrying there next year. I will be travelling with children aged 8 and 6. Do you think Sorrento is child friendly? What trips did you do? how much is he average price of a glass of wine / beer? Did you prefer Florance or Sorrento? Sorry about the numerous questions! Many Thanks

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Thanks for posting your lovely photos, Eddie - I really enjoyed them. So glad you had such a great time!

charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Sorrento is very child friendly. Families were together every where, and I think there is enough street activity to keep them active.

Glass of house wine was usually 3.5 euros - can't tell you about beer.

I definitely enjoyed Pompeii. The jet ferry trip back from Positano was great fun. Capri was fun - but I don't children would enjoy it - just watching rich people could get old to them.

I would be hard pressed to chose between Florence and Sorrento. Florence had The David, lot's of art, and we took a bicycle trip of the Tuscany region from there. Many, many memories.

Sorrento was relaxed, very friendly, and the views of the seacoast - well - I stayed in a constant state of relaxation. There were a lot of weddings in Sorrento even during the two weeks we were there.

Both towns are safe and exciting to visit.

Hope that helps, but ask more and I'll dig around in my memory for answers. I have lots of pictures from Florence.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Really enjoyed your great pictures. You underestimate your photo-taking - you do have some "artsy" photos that are quite beautiful. I'll be there next May and you've definitely increased my anticipation for some great scenery!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,006 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Lovely unfortunately could not get a lot of the photos up, agree love the Continental,

Bradford
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

I am due to go to Sorrento and Naples in ten days time. Your photos and videos have given me a real feel for the place - much better than lots of 'artsy' photographs! Can't wait to go!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

WoW! You definitely underestimate your photo taking abilitites. Beautiful! I'm getting excited for my honeymoon there next week!!

Gods Own Country
Level Contributor
121 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Hi,

We went to Sorrento for the first time last July, just loved the place, I did feedback on the Grand Hotel De La Ville and wrote where we went and the costs of transport last year, I don't think the price has changed much this so take a look to give you an idea of where you can get to. You don't need to spend lots of money on organised trips, we did everything ourself using the train, bus & ferry's, the ferry's are dear compared to the bus's & train but if you want to go to Capri or Ischia you have to use them, have a great holiday. Were back to Lake Garda this year, our 6th visit.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Hi Eddie

Well, I'm pleased you had a great holiday at the Continental. Loved the pics and videos and I just loved your American accents. Looking at the video of the Continental, I'm nearly sure we had the same room as you, just behind the "Vesuvius Suite" with a 20 feet long balcony.

The other Eddie from England

PS, just got back from Limone, Lake Garda, so if you fancy another Italian holiday I can highly recommend it. Incidentally, a family in Limone have all lived to be over 100 years old. About 30 years ago, doctors in Milan discovered they had a special gene. Scientists in USA have identified this gene and reproduced it in a laboratory, tested it on humans for 10 years - and it works! It's a major scientific breakthrough and this special protein gene, or youth gene, is going to be made available soon.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,722 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pictures and videos of my June 22 - July 1 trip to Sorrento

Good hotel on the flat, glad you enjoyed.