We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

families in sorrento

Bali
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
families in sorrento

is Sorrento sutable for families

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: families in sorrento

I'd say the answer would depend on the age of your children. Its clean and safe and a gateway to the Amalfi Coast , Capri and Pompeii (depending on the age of your children). There are some pebble beaches and food has a lot of varieties for fussy eaters.It doesn't have theme parks although there is a little tourist train ride that is a bit of fun ( but isn't designed for repetitious use). In our time there I didn't notice any parks with young kids in mind but as my kids are all grown up now maybe I just didn't notice them.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: families in sorrento

Very suitable. Every evening the main street closes at 7 or 7:30 and everyone comes out for a stroll and gelattoincluding Italian families with children, very pleasant and so civilized. Then they head out to eat. Best to take a location with a pool to add to the fun.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: families in sorrento

It all depends on how old your children are. If you book a hotel with a garden and pool that will keep them entertained. Our children loved the cascading pools at The Capodimonte Hotel. There are about three parks in shaded areas. The little Noddy train tours around the town. You can have a ride in a horse pulled trap. There is a red open topped bus for local trips. What about a train ride to Pompeii and Herculaneum or a track up Vesuvius? There are boat trips to Capri and Anacapri where there are chair lifts to the top of the island. A very interesting day is a boat trip to Ischia, a tour of the gigantic Aragonese Castle and play on the beach. Expensive for a family though! A cheap day out is a walk to Marina Grande, pedaloes or swim in the sea, ice creams and walk back up the steepest hill! Talking about ice cream, Sorrento is ice cream heaven!!! Pizza paradise too.

4. Re: families in sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15