We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorrento/positano/Capri?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sorrento/positano/Capri?

Hi

i am traveling to PAris and London in September with my husband.

i have 5 days for italy (wanna go to a beach place)

So was looking at Sorrento Positano and capri

The current plans is 12th (arrive in Naples and head to Sorrento)

Stay in Sorrento explore sorrento

13th- Day trip to positano

14th- Check out and Go to Capri overnight in capri

15th Capri- Naples- Rome

16th Rome- London

So one night in each place. Is that too less?

Also staying in Rome just coz i am going there to take my flight. Does that make sense? or skip it?

Should i instead stay in positano or Capri for more nights?

BAsically i want a nice beach place where i can swim and sail or do some water activities.

Suggest a better itinerary ?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorrento/positano/Capri?

Three nights at different places is not really on , since you are interested in beach places Sorrento is really out since it does not really have a beach to speak of. If you are arriving from Naples the easiest access is to Capri by fast ferry. After couple of nights on Capri you could take the ferry to Positano and returning ferry to Salerno for train back to Rome. You could of course spend all five nights in Capri and visit Positano on a day trip but I dont think the ferry timings are too good for that.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorrento/positano/Capri?

That's a good idea. I could do 2 nights in Capri and 2 nights in Positano. And then take a train back to Rome?

I can skip Rome?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorrento/positano/Capri?

You will have to spend your last night in Rome if you are flying long distance from there. Too risky to stay some distance away on the day of your flight.

4. Re: Sorrento/positano/Capri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16