We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Sorrento

cardiff
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in Sorrento

My brother is getting married in Sorrento in June 2015. We're all staying in the Mar Alimuri Hotel.They're getting married at half 2 in the afternoon and we want to go to a restaurant close by for some food but would like to be able to have a section cornered off. Can anyone recommend any restaurants to look at as this is the first time to Italy for all of us so I don't really know where to start. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Buxton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Sorrento

Hi, I am also getting married in Sorrento June 2016 :) and also staying at the Mar Alimuri, I've seen other reviews that mention restaurants. But also like you I put a post up in July asking for anyone's tips and advice and got no reply :(. I would love to hear how you get on, do you know what transport you will be getting from the hotel to the wedding venue, we are getting married at the cloisters and I think its a 15min drive from the hotel.

Sorry I wasn't more help to your question :D

Edited: 14 August 2014, 21:27
Buxton, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Sorrento

Me again lol, I've just been looking through one of the feeds for weddings in Sorrento and this restaurant O'Parruchiano seems to be a favourite. I haven't looked on reviews for that but they seem to be able to corner/ section an area off for you.

Hope this helps :)

Edited: 14 August 2014, 21:35
cardiff
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Sorrento

Hi yes they're getting married in the same place. They booked it through thomson and they requested to get married at half 5 and then were going to ask the hotel to corner off part of the restaurant and have the reception there and they said any guests staying outside the hotel could pay about £70 and have use of the all incusive options in the hotel for the day. They have now been offered half 2 instead so are looking into eating out at another restaurant instead. They havn't thought about transport yet. They are waiting for thomsons wedding planner to contact them and then will start looking into the extra things and what the options are for decor, transport, hair etc. I will keep you posted on what they go with if you like.

cardiff
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in Sorrento

Hi again. I have just noticed your second message.lol. thank you I will look into that restaurant. I'm going to see if I can contact them directly. I will keep you updated

5. Re: Getting married in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:16