We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

affordable in sorrento

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
affordable in sorrento

can anyone reccommend a small ( cheapish ) b&b or half board hotel, in sorrento. trying to have a week in sept / oct before I have my hip replacement operation....

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: affordable in sorrento

Hotel Capri is lovely and very central.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: affordable in sorrento

Please post your nightly budget and approximate travel date.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: affordable in sorrento

Thompson holidays much cheaper in October. Range of hotels and prices.Check how far out hotels are. Capri hotel has good reviews.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: affordable in sorrento

thanks guys will ave a look at the capri. just trying to save as much as poss. been told sorrento expensive.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: affordable in sorrento

I don't think Sorrento is any more expensive than the UK. Supermarket prices are reasonable for bread, ham, fruit, beer and water. There's a wide range of restaurants and cafes. The ones on the outskirts are less expensive. Many restaurants display menus and prices. There are lots of pizza parlours that are cheaper than here and much better. Many places do not add service charges and there is no longer the basket of dry bread that used to be offered and charged for! Ask the price before you buy. I would recommend half board as we once did the b and b option and found that much more expensive.

Sorrento is a beautiful, busy town with lots of alleyways crammed with shops and restaurants. Local buses are very cheap and great for short trips. The Marina Grande,at the foot of the town, is a good walk .....downhill all the way. Bus back up! Train fares are cheap too. Taxis are massively expensive.There is a coast to coast coach that starts from by the railway station. This is slightly dearer than the bus but more comfortable as you get a seat and air con. You can travel on this to Positano and Amalfi. If you want expensive Capri is the place to go! Top prices there.

Check out Thomson website. You will see a difference in September and October prices.

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: affordable in sorrento

I agree with se262014 that Sorrento is no more expensive than the UK. Cocktails cost €5-€6 (only about £4-£4.50), house wine with your evening meal is cheap and served in litre or half-litre jugs, a decent pizza or pasta dish can be had for around €7-€8 (about 6 quid) - honestly, it's not too bad. You'll pay more in the main piazza - just like anywhere.

7. Re: affordable in sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 05:16