We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from naples airport to sorrento

Which Sorrento hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wishaw, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bus from naples airport to sorrento

hi we arrive in naples at 10pm by the time we get luggage how do we get to sorrento, is it true the last bus is at 7.30Pm and the train 10pm?? Taxis seem really expensive?

Gradyville...
Level Contributor
274 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from naples airport to sorrento

That schedule sounds about right. You can check the Curreri and train schedules on line..

....And don't think for a minute that the drivers don't realize you have no other recourse.....Sometimes they raise their prices!

I was in the same situation on our return to the airport, since we needed to leave the hotel at 05:00 (allowing one hour for the drive, and wanting to arrive 2 hours ahead of the 08:00 departure). At that time of the morning, there

The hotel said they found a driver for 120e, which we felt was a bit too expensive, so I got my own estimates.

We used Gianpiero Fiorentino, for 80e. He speaks excellent english. His email address is: info@gianpierofiorentino.com. He also has a website. You can check it out.

You can check out a few others, too, for prices, and then look for recommendations.

One thing I can tell you, though, is that you do NOT want to be roaming around Naples at night. The area around Garibaldi Station is awful, drug ridden and unsafe, even for men.

At that time of night, my recommendation would be to build into your finances the additional cost so that your trip to Sorrento will not be spoiled by inconvenience and hazards.

Sorrento, itself, is very safe, this you can be comforted by. However, taxis are expensive there, too. If you are being picked up at the airport, have the driver take you directly to your hotel since, otherwise, from the town of Sorrento (say, Piazza Tasso) to anywhere more than a mile or so,will usually cost another 15e.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,212 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from naples airport to sorrento

At that time of night I would contact a driver to take you to your hotel. Yes, it's expensive, usually 80-120 Euros for up to 4 people, but try getting a taxi ANYWHERE for a 90 minute drive and see what it costs. We have used DriveAmalfi and he charges about 110 Euros for up to 4 people for the trip. He's dependable, drives nice vehicles, speaks good English, and knows the area.

italybound@verizon.net

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from naples airport to sorrento

Salvatore Lucibello of DriveAmalfi can be contacted by email at info@driveamalfi.com and is highly recommended

belfast northern...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from naples airport to sorrento

i think this is possibly one of the ways to generate employment i think it is understandable as these people rely heavily on a short year with regard to earnings i know from a tourist's point of view it is annoying and the cost of transfer is very high but the journey from naples to sorrento is approx 1 hour and the roads can be very busy when you calculate the time the driver takes to get there and back plus the wait at the airport say .....3 hours in total at 8oeuros that works out at approx £18 per hour in comparison with uk taxis i think it compares favourably.

5. Re: Bus from naples airport to sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 09:20