We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Sorrento

Level Contributor
54 posts
245 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Sorrento

Will be in sorrento with husband and teenagers agd 13 and 14y end October early November. Can anyone recommend nice restaurants/wine bars.

Thanks

Hull
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

I, with my husband have been to Sorrento 6 times and its a fabulous place. The Foreigners bar near to the Hotel Tramontano is a nice venue. Restaurants that I would recommend are Antico and Lanterna 1 and 2. All three are tucked away in the drains. The bars in the square are nice too. They used to have a singer and buskers but they were not there when we visited in September this year. I know is a year round resort, but alot of the hotels close at the end of October, so not sure if these restaurants will be open or not.

YOU WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,423 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

I really don't know why people call the central part of Sorrento the Drains, this is a thing that has developed over the last few years,and not at all fitting for a lively shopping area, and am sure it is not something the locals approve of,

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

My favourite restaurants in Sorrento are Da Delfino in Marina Grande and La Fenice on via degli Aranci. They both serve excellent local cuisine with friendly and efficient service. The setting of Da Delfino is perfect - set on the water with views directly over the Bay of Naples to Vesuvius. La Fenice also serves excellent pizzas. Other great places for pizzas are Da Gigino on via degli Archi and Pizzeria Aurora on Piazza Tasso. They are all very reasonably priced.

dublin
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

Three of my favorites are

Tasso - just off the main square

Photo - just a little bit past Tasso

The garden restaurnat - on corso italia, you will walk by this wine bar many times while strolling along at night. It is my favourite restaurant in Sorrento !

ENJOY!!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

We go regularly twice a year and these are our favourites although you will find many to choose from.

Down the 'drains' - the lovely old part of town with very narrow lanes - here generally the prices are lower than on Tasso:

Da Giginos - very good family run Trattoria serving everything from stone baked pizzas, fresh seafood and pasta through to chateaubriand. Very reasonably priced and has a few tables outside if you arrive early enough or preferably book the night before.

La Lanterna 1 - also a very good all rounder with some outside seating.

5* Restaurants:

Carusos or Il Buco for a special evening out - not cheap.

Aurora on Tasso (main) Square serves 50 different types of pizza and fresh pasta. (Very pushy staff who insist on calling you 'boss' but the food is good!) Next door is O'Canonico owned by the same family which has a more varied menu.

Azzurros down in Marina Grande (the small harbour!) run by an eccentric Irish / Italian family serving excellent seafood and other Italian food where you can sit out on a deck on the beach.

We also like the little wine bar on the Corso Italia which is attached to the Gardens Restaurant although when we last went in September we thought the prices had risen and not in relation to the measure you get!

Our favourite bar is situated just off Tasso Square opposite Auroras next to the Church where you can have a glass of Stella and very large measure of Pinot Grigio for 9 euros. Tables are under a canopy on a sloping side of the road where you can indulge in people watching. They also serve snacks which are very popular.

Sure you will have a great time - we have booked again for 5 night next week but are watching the weather closely!

Gradyville...
Level Contributor
274 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

Agree with previous posts that Da Delfino (Marina Grande area) and La Fenice (along the bus route to Piazza Tasso) tend to be local favorites, particularly among those from the UK.

Are either of your teens a girl? If so, there is a sweet little (very little)shop a few blocks from Piazza Tasso (actually, about 2 blocks from Piazza Lauro) called Petronius, 20 Viale Nizza. It is a trendy clothing store, appealing, I would say, primarily to ages 13-25,(although I have picked up a few things for myself) everything extremely inexpensive (maybe 5e for a top). I've taken my daughter there several times, and she always feels as though she is able to come away with fun, inexpensive souvenirs that she can wear. The store does close for siesta/lunch from around 13:00 to 17:00 (1-5 PM) or thereabouts, but worth the effort if your daughter is in the market for a few items. The selection for the summer is excellent; however, I cannot speak for the other seasons.

Level Contributor
54 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

Thank you all for your recommendations. It sounds like we will defintiely not starve. my daughter will love the clothes shop.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

dont know the name of it, but last time we were in sorrento we dined in a fish restaurant on the road down to the harbour on a bend just before you get to the ferry port, it was great

9. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 18:50
10. Re: Restaurants in Sorrento

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:19