We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JK Place Capri

Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
JK Place Capri

We are thinking of visiting Capri this summer and saw a feature on JK Place Hotel in a magazine. It looks fab but I'm wondering has anyone any feedback / comments they can share on this property?

Also, can you fly directly to Capri from Dublin? What's the best way to get there?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JK Place Capri

Looks like JK Place is a new hotel located at Marina Grande. My guess is that the old Pallatium Hotel has been rebuilt. I suggest this is NOT a location you would prefer. Also, their listed rates are at the upper end of the market. I'm sure you will get other opinions, but, for me the top of the line is Hotel Scalinatella.

Capri is a small island without an airport. It is reached by boat from a number of locations, with most people arriving from Naples.

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JK Place Capri

Dear ruby73,

You could probably fly into Napoli Capodichino Airport and take a taxi to Napoli Molo Beverello which might cost around €16 or so. Check the timetables for the first boat (Aliscafo would be fast) to Capri and then head down the stairs to buy tickets from the company offering the boat.

Buona Fortuna..

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: JK Place Capri

Marina Grande and the area around the Piazzetta are chaotic to the point of choking during the high season (July-August). It's better to book a hotel outside of these areas. You only need to get a few hundred meters out of the way to breathe more easily.

4. Re: JK Place Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 10:20