We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

Hi

Hope someone can help me.

We'll be doing a day shore excursion on the 15th July and I'need to access an easy to understand hydrofoil timetable between Sorrento and Capri departing mid morning.

I also need the timetable from Capri back to Naples in the afternoon.

Does anyone know where i can find this as I have searched everywhere and can't come up with one.

Thanx in advance

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,365 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

1st result from google

http://www.capri.com/en/orari-traghetti

Boston...
Level Contributor
122 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

Does anyone know if the 14.5 Euros is roundtrip, or does it cost that much each way?

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,951 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

The ferry prices are always quoted as one-way tickets. it is better not to buy a round trip ticket because three differernt ferry companies service Capri and if you buy 2 tickets with the same company, that ferry might not be the one that is leaving Capri when you are ready to. Your ticket is only good for a ride at the company where it is bought.

The ferry companies don't take credit cards.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

Hi again

Thanks for all the feedback.

Does anyone have a timetable that includes arrival time at the destination so that we can work out travel time etc ? From the link posted it doesn't differentiate between ferries and hydrofoils. Our preference is the hydrofoil due to time restraints

Also, it seems that some of the hydrofoils go a bit quicker than others. We'd choose the faster ones if we can. We need to extract every minute out of our day!!

Thanks again

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,365 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

The timetable above states clearly which company operates what ferry. So visit those company websites. Realistically, you can't get every minute out of your scheduling.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
8 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

The timetables are "guidelines", but you can pretty much catch a ferry every half hour or so either direction. The hydrofoils cost 14,50€ and the journey is roughly 15 minutes and the regular ferry is 9,80€ and takes 30-40 minutes.

I just came back from visiting Sorrento and lupaling has it exactly right. Buy a one-way ticket to maximize your options for the return. Your day trip to Capri will have plenty opportunities for you to stand in the hot sun; it's best not to have to do it as you're trying to leave. ;)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

Thanks for all the help!!

We're off tomorrow and I'm sure your advice will be a great help

Cheers

Marquette, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

When does the first boat leave for Capri in the morning, and when does the last one leave for the day back to Sorrento? I want to maximize my day on the Island. There either May 13th, 14th or 15th.

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

First in the morning: usually around 7.30am.

Last in the evening: usually around 7pm.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hydrofoil timetale Sorrento to Capri and Capri to Naples

Most recent timetable I have shows Jetfoils (20 mins each way cost 13.50 euro each way) leaves the earliest at 7.20am - workdays only. Other days 8.35am.

Latest return shows as being 17.40pm.

Fast ferry (25 mins each way cost 8.80 euro each way) starts at 7.45am and latest return is 18.30pm.

You really will need to pick up a current timetable from the tourist info. office in Sorrento to be sure.

Get answers to your questions about Capri
Recent Conversations