We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

Wondering if anyone has seen a schedule for the grape festival starting August 29--in English. Thanks

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

Here's the program in Italian:

capritourism.com/imgg/download/settembrata-p…

I don't think there will be one in English.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

I was curious about this topic because I've lived here 30 years and have never heard of a grape festival. Now I see what you're inquiring about: It's the annual Anacapri September festival, "La Settembrata" which is held each year from the end of August through the first week or two of September. It's more of a ending of summer festival - grapes have nothing to do with it, although there will be plenty of wine to drink during the evening events. It starts this year on the 29th of August with a big parade through the town. After which there are organized events each day and evening. Each Anacapri neighborhood puts on their own gastronomical shows, one each evening with food and drink. I haven't gone for several years but when we were younger the wife and I always participated. Go and enjoy it. Sorry can't help you with an English language program, and am leaving tomorrow on vacation, so this info is all I can provide.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

I just checked and Google translator works on the above pdf schedule - amazingly helpful tool!

Here is a link to the translated version:

translate.google.com/translate…

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

In English tourist information Settembrata is often refered to as "the grape festival". I've never understood why either but that's why I was able to make the connection.

5. Re: Any new info on the grape festival 2009?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2010, 05:16