We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

seattle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Can some one recommend a Hotel that is Kid friendly, with a pool, and good breakfast. We are looking for a quad room or a Hotel that provides extra beds. We are coming August 8-10th, so would need air conditionaing for sure as well.

Thanks Much.

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Give a try at the Hotel Mamela, very central, quiet and with all you ask for.

g

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Mamela
Hotel Mamela
224 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

I would read through the TA hotel reviews for Capri, singling out the class or category good for your budget. Then check out the individual websites for your short list to see if they sound like what you're looking for. Then you may need to email or telephone the hotel with your specific questions. Bear in mind that in August our hotels are filled with Italian families on vacation and it may be difficult to get the reservation you want if you wait much longer. Most Capri hotels by mid-June will have no vacancies for July and August (especially for weekend stays).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,680 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

This site lists pretty much most of the lodging on the island as well as provides a lot of visitor info:

http://www.capri.net/

You could also Venere.com and put in your budget and needs and see what comes up. I believe they have lodging for Capri on their site.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Many hotels do not allow kids in the pool in the afternoon. I have not been to Mamela in a while, but it did have that rule.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Most hotels close their pools during the siesta hours, i.e. from around 13.00 to 16.00, to allow guests to nap or relax without pool noise.

seattle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Thank You. I have been looking at the reviews. It is not clear form the Hotels website or reservations if they have Quad rooms.

Thank you for yoru responses. Maybe TA should add a family rating to Hotels that offer quad rooms. This is always an issue in Europe. Else where at least they have tqo double beds in each room where one can sleep with kids.

In Italy it would help if there was a quad room listing.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

If you check on the venere website, you can see whether the hotels you have in mind have a quad room available for the dates you need.

Most Italian hotels with quads do have them on their websites. The marmela site lists only doubles so perhaps they don't have any quads.

seattle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Thnaks. I am checking out venere....Thank you so much for the help. mamela is sold out...

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

Try the reservation request page on the hotel's website, or email them directly with your questions. Frequently it's only the hotel booking site's quota of rooms that are sold out but the hotel itself will have others. Of course, the Mamela is not the only 4* hotel in central Capri.

seattle
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotels in Capri with Kids - not too far

I cannot find anything suitable at Capri and am discouraged by reviews posted on many Hotels.

I dont think Capri is a great relaxing desitnation anymore- esp for people who love beaches and good Hotels and Pools are a huge part of our vacation.

Any recommendations for a good beach Hotel with Pool at Positano etc. ( anyplave where we can take a ferry to after spending day at Capri ?) We do eventually have to go back to Naples and goign to Venice from there...

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy