We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

Hoping to make the blue grotto trip next week, just wondering if I need to acquire some kind of waterproof bag for the camera for the bit where you lay down to get into the grotto - it sounds like you can get quite wet? Or do they have waterproof bags on the rowing boats for such things? Or is it not actually that bad and unlikely to get wet?

Many thanks!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

If you've nothing else, one of those Ziplock sandwich bags or the like might not be a bad idea... also for sand if we're lucky with the weather, or rain if we're not!

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

That's a great idea, thanks Peter. Actually my camera with lens is pretty big, but I have a smaller non-SLR one so perhaps I'll just use that in a sandwich bag for the Capri day. When we were rafting on another holiday, we were provided with large waterproof bags so just wondering if there may have been a similar set up.

Hoping the weather holds next week, some of the days are looking hopeful!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

Sounds a very sensible compromise!

But don't rely on sandwich bags giving this level of protection...

dpreview.com/news/2013/03/26/camera-lost-in-…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

We've never gotten wet at all. You transfer from the larger boat to the smaller boats to enter the grotto and then you just lie back as you pass through the entrance. Very easy.

London
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

Thanks, that's good to know. Maybe I should stop worrying. :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

You won't get wet - unless you fall in. :0

7. Re: camera getting wet on blue grotto visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 07:17