We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

I am about to book a trip for next September and my flight will be out of Naples (the 1st week of September). We are trying to maximize time in Capri by taking the 1:25pm flight out of Naples and coming from Capri first thing that morning. Our other option is leaving at 6:00am that morning but spending the night in Naples the night before.

We would much prefer to have the extra night in Capri but I want to know if its reasonable to get from Capri to Naples airport by 11am for our 1:25pm flight. Thank you!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

For a flight back to the states, you should be there 3 hours pre-departure; a hassle, I know but well needed most of the times in recent years.

I'd spend the night in Naples but I'm just very anal about this stuff - I always stay the night in the city before a departure on an international flight. It's just too costly if something goes amiss.

Naples is a wonderful city - so, it's not like it would be a waste of time to spend an evening/night there. It's not often that boats get cancelled from Capri to Naples due to weather but, again, it is just one of those things you never know.

It is all personal choice - if you take the earliest boat from the island, you can make it in time to be at the airport at 10:30 a.m. - No one can know what may or may not happen but it would likely be fine.

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
216 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

U can make the flight, by taking first boat out in the morning. BUT that is the word if the sea is bad u will not be happy.

Napoli is a great place to spend a day there is a lot to see and do. They have double decker bus tours, u get to see a lot, that u would see on your own walking. The museum is worth a visit.

I always stay at the Renaissance Hotel, location is good easy walk to things. I am sure there are cheaper hotels. However cheaper is not always better.

Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

I have made that type of connection many times. I've never needed a full 3 hours at the Naples airport. 2 hours has always been plenty.

Hydrofoil takes less than an hour from Capri, bus or taxi to the airport another 45 minutes.

However, bad weather & high seas could happen.

A night in Naples is not the worst thing. I would arrive in Naples mid-day, stay near the old city, explore it's wonders, and take a cab to the airport next day.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

It basically comes down to a risk of bad weather cancelling the boat departures to and from Capri.

There is a secondary risk of strikes, which are uncommon in September.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,507 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

my iron rule of travel is to always be in the city of departure the night before a high stakes flight -- stuff happens -- and with reliance on boats and trains in one morning, lots of stuff can happen. We have been on a high speed train that came in 5 hours late on a 3.5 hour trip. unusual but it happens and a bunch of people missed flights as a result. I have been on late plans, broken trams, trains that broke down etc etc --and in incredible traffic jams due to serious accidents -- I don't want any of these things between me and the airport when the consequence is spending thousands on walk up one way tickets.

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
216 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

Could not Have said it any better myself. I have been on Capri and sea was bad had to take the ferry they brings the trucks and cars back and forth or stay there.. I also make sure to stay in Napoli the night before.. Napoli is a fun place for a day. There is a lot to see and do DURNING THE DAY. Make sure tou stay in a good hotel in a safe location. Have the hotel call you a cab and find out from the hotel what the cab will cost.. Or what I do is have the travel agent on Capri arrange a car to pick me up at the hotel to go to the airport. You pay for it on Capri then you trip the driver if you want. I have had great luck with this way of doing things.

7. Re: Possible to make 1:25 flight out of Naples from Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:17