We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this possible

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is this possible

Would like to take the hydrofoil from positano to Capri. When we get there go on a scheduled boat tour around Capri, then have lunch at La Fontelina then explore anacapri and Capri for the remainder of the day

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this possible

Assuming you are going during the 'season' and leave 1st thing in the a.m., IMO it's possible. I'd just be mindful of the last boat back to Positano (and the weather of course).

Edited: 18 February 2014, 11:29
NEW YORK
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this possible

Thanks! How long do u need approx to see anacapri and the sights

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,680 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this possible

There are many sites - you cannot see them all in one day; choose the ones you are interested and head to those - www.capri.net - and your guidebook will have information/history about them.

"The sights" is too broad - if you can be specific, time estimate may be able to be given but then people spend different amounts of times in places; when I went to Mont Solaro on the chairlift, I spent hours up there - some went up for just a few minutes, same with the ancient sites, the Villa San Michele, for example - there's a lot.

The boat trip around the island can be a shorter one of about 2 hours if you choose one with that amount of time - getting to Anacapri from near the Piazzetta will take about 30 minutes including time waiting for the bus, etc - walking through the small village of shops/restaurants in Anacapri - could take as long or as little as you want.

I go for a week at a time so I can't quite imagine doing all this in one day but if that is all you have, you can try to fit it in - for such a brief amount of time though I's scurry through the piazzetta (seeing it, of course) quickly as it is just an area surrounded by designer shops which you can find anywhere - get past it and do some exploring of the beautiful pathways for the views - a nice walk is one along the Via Tragara - the site above has a link to a map but you can pick one up on the island at the tourist office if your guidebook has an inadequate one.

Mentioned in this post
Anacapri
Anacapri
Island of Capri, Italy
NEW YORK
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this possible

Thanks so much. Do you think lunch at la fontanella is worth the experience? Or should we have a nice lunch in the town of Capri?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,680 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this possible

I ate there once on a trip about 10 years ago - it was fine - I usually had been going to Da Luigi on the other side for years - neither were as good as they used to be as they just became so overly popular and, as often happens, great places get less so when it becomes a destination spot.

The views are spectacular and I particularly like approaching it from the walk along Via Tragara which is my absolute favorite walkway (this whole area on that side of the island is pedestrian only) for its beauty and views along the way (and the hotel i stay is on it) - then there is walk down to the club and the Faraglioni (about 300 steps and pathway) - which I just love (be careful! Don't step on any of the cute, tiny adorable lizards that will be scurrying about)

But, you can reach it via boat from Marina Piccolo - you could arrange to have your boat (if it is a private boat) drop you there and then arrange for their launch to return you to Marina Piccolo from which you can then make your back up to the piazzetta area for the bus back to Marina Grande.

Sorry - I never recommend anything in so-called "Capri town" - which is the area around the overly commercialized piazzetta area - it's crowded, expensive and not representative of the island in a good way -

There is a nice restaurant in Villa Brunella on Via Tragara (where I stay) that I really like and has a nice view - it is about at the half way point on the pathway: http://www.villabrunella.it/en/index

But - only if you can't, for some reason make your way down to the sea.

But - if I were going for just one day and had never been, I'd probably choose either La Fontelina or Da Luigi - because, really there's nothing quite like it anywhere with the gorgeous Faraglioni right in front of your face - which you can walk over and climb a bit after lunch if so inclined; boats when circling the island will usually go through the space between the rocks - amazing.

Mentioned in this post
Marina Grande
Marina Grande
761 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
NEW YORK
Level Contributor
231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this possible

Thank you so much!

7. Re: Is this possible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 05:18