We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Nights in Capri too much?

Level Contributor
309 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
5 Nights in Capri too much?

HI! So I'm off to Capri in June I already have reservations for 4 nights at La Minerva but was thinking of adding an extra night. Would that be too much? I am spending 3 nights in Rome before arriving in capri then 5 nights in Positano followed by 3 nights in Naples. This will be my third visit to rome that's why I am only staying 3 nights

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,946 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Nights in Capri too much?

I stayed on Capri for 8 nights in May 2008 and had a great time. it all depdns on what else you want to do

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,431 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Nights in Capri too much?

I don't think it is too much - it is never too much for me but with that itinerary, I'd add one more day/night to Rome but then I never (in more than 20 trips there) get enough of Rome - still so much on my list to see there.

But - it depends on what sort of trip you want; how could it be too much? Do you mean you might get bored or what?

www.capri.net - enough there to keep one entranced for a long time

Level Contributor
309 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Nights in Capri too much?

Alot of people just go to Capri for a day and many people say three nights is more than enough but it just seems to have so much to do.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,431 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Nights in Capri too much?

Every single person is different; I never go to Capri for less than a week and I have gone quite a few times - some people go and waste all their time there by the piazzetta at the designer shops and think that's all there is

This is where research becomes important - that coupled with your own personal interests and travel style (I don't like to rush anywhere so never go anywhere - if I can help it - for less than 4 days and more if I can do it) - will help you decide how much time you want to be there. I love relaxing, hiking, swimming, take boat trips, seeing the amazing sites there - and, I am always wistful when I leave because I want to be there longer. Others would be bored to death.

Lots of daytrippers do the Blue Grotto and the piazzetta and come away really hating the island - so would I if I wasted my time on those two places crammed against countless other tourists. I like the piazzetta as a brief stop by when I am staying there and will sometimes have a drink there but then be on my way.

There is so much information available in books and online that can help you decide.

Level Contributor
309 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Nights in Capri too much?

I think five nights will be perfect I really want to enjoy the Island since this has been a dream for a while. I want to spend a day at La Fontelina another day at Da Luigi. one day I want to get a boat and explore the blue grotto and the other grottos. Spend sometime at the Piazzetta looking at the shops visit Anacapri get a sandal. So much to do so little time

6. Re: 5 Nights in Capri too much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Capri
Recent Conversations