We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace of Tiberius

Charles Town WV
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palace of Tiberius

Are there any ruins or otherremains to see of the Emperor Tiberius' palace on Capri

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,264 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace of Tiberius

www.capri.net/en/i/the-villas-of-tiberius

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace of Tiberius

Map of the ruins

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

picutres

Charles Town WV
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace of Tiberius

Thank both of you so very much. I cannot wait to see it. I know this is not supposed to be a commercial site but could you recommend a hotel that is among the picturesque pictures of Sorrento, facing the ocean? The best would be appreciated.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace of Tiberius

You might want to put your request in a separate post. I stayed in Sorrento in a budget B&B with no view near the train stop and the port.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,264 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace of Tiberius

I'd suggest looking through the Sorrento threads in the Sorrento forum and also ask on the Sorrento forum.

You can check www.venere.com to see what is available for your budget, dates, needs, etc - Read reviews for the things that matter most to you (i.e, noise, air conditioning, view, balcony, etc)

Charles Town WV
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace of Tiberius

I am assuming that guided tours can be gotten but are the villas of Tiberius friendly to older persons who have slight walking Problems>

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,264 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace of Tiberius

I don't know of specific tours but, if you look at that link I gave you in first post, there is a link to tours:

http://www.capri.net/en/excursions-tours

You may be able to arrange a specialty one; I don't know. But, keep in mind that the majority of the island is pedestrian only so I'm not sure what accommodations can be made for someone with mobility issues - The sites on this island are mostly reached via foot.

If you read the link again for the site, you will see it is visited via walking. There are no cars on that side of the island.

That site also has a map of the island so you can see where everything is located.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
14,714 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace of Tiberius

When I was walking up to Villa Jovis last year I noticed a couple of local residents and one business operator getting around on modified golf carts. With some investigation you may find someone who will provide transport this way for the mobility challenged.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,264 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace of Tiberius

That's what I was thinking - that maybe something like that exists so I would just send emails to a few of the listed tour companies and ask.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palace of Tiberius

Without a golf cart< it is at least a 30 min hike up there uphill>

And there are stairs