We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

I will be spending June 14th on Capri. We do not have a set budget for the day, but would like to spend less than $200 a person for the whole day. What is the best way to get the most out of the day? Rent a boat? Hike? Go to a beach club? Anything we HAVE to see? I would really like to swim in one of the grottos, if possible.

We would like to stay away from the tourist areas and do not care anything about shopping.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions. :)

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Fiorucci
Gift & Speciality Shops
Capri Kronos
Gift & Speciality Shops
The Sea Gull
Gift & Speciality Shops
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

I suggest that you arrive at Marina Grande. Funicular to the Piazzetta. Take a quick look at the Piazzatta. Walk down the via Camarelle to the end. Find via Tragara. You might need directions at that point. Walk to the end of the beautiful via Tragara. Find the entrance to the steps leading to the Faraglioli rocks. Walk down the steps to da Luigi beach club. You can have lunch and jump in for a swim to the grotto. When you are ready to leave take the shuttle boat to Marina Piccola. A few Euro for a great ride. Taxi or bus to back to the Piazzetta. Then Marina Grande and home.

No one ever listens to me, but I have just described a perfect day on Capri!

Mentioned in this post
Marina Grande
Marina Grande
772 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Marina Piccola
Marina Piccola
875 Reviews
Island of Capri, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,558 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

It's also one of my perfect days too - few better - and, I've done it sometimes 7 days in a row - the exact description - except, I usually walked back up to Via Tragara as that is where I stay.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Just to clarify a few things. The steps down to the beach which you refer to is it the same as "Via Krupp".

The boat trip can it also include going through the arch?

How many hours are we talking about since I have to get back to Rome the same day via train; and there is the ferry to and from Naples as well.

Thanks for you tips.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

The steps are not near via Krupp.

The boat usually does go through the arch.

Stay for as long or short as pleases you.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

Ok I have done my research now. Silly question about via Krupp.

I like your plan, but I would like to do a bit more nature walking and I thought about doing the Pizzolungo walk taking it from Via Matermania to avoid uphill steps. This way I can also see the Arco Naturale and the Grotto di Matermania as well as more spectacular scenery on the way. Will it be close to the Punta Tragaro (viewpoint) that I will find the path to Da Luigi Beach club. If I aim to be at the beach club around 10h00 - giving myself an hour for the walk - would that work?

I would love to spent as much time as possible on Capri, but I estimated I have about 7h hours if I arrive by ferry before 09h00am which means I would have to catch the 07h45 ferry. I need 2-3 hours travel time to get off the island again and back to Rome. Don't really want travel in the dark.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

I did not present a plan. I simply described what to me is a perfect day on Capri. I hope you will enjoy your perfect day every bit as much.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

Thank you for sharing your perfect day. It was a great guideline for planning my first visit. Since I like walking I might just walk back up Via Krupp when it is cooler.

Temple City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

I love your perfect day..it sounds like my perfect day too...my question to you is that I will land in Naples n my plan was to spend 7 days in capri..but I'm confuse now. I see sorrento Amalie. Positano...now I want to spread my self thin n see all this places...have u been there. ? Can I have access to A am Alfie coast from capri..would that be my best bet to use Capri as my base ...or should I spend at least two days at Amalficoast...Please help..

Also I leave from Naples to Milan to catch a flight home...Please advise

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Temple City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

I love your perfect day..it sounds like my perfect day too...my question to you is that I will land in Naples n my plan was to spend 7 days in capri..but I'm confuse now. I see sorrento Amalie. Positano...now I want to spread my self thin n see all this places...have u been there. ? Can I have access to A am Alfie coast from capri..would that be my best bet to use Capri as my base ...or should I spend at least two days at Amalficoast...Please help..

Also I leave from Naples to Milan to catch a flight home...Please advise

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One Day 'Perfect Plan' Suggestions

Yes, I have been to all these places. No, I would not use Capri as a base for visiting them. I stay on Capri for weeks and only leave the island for lunch or dinner in Nerano or Positano. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Positano
Positano
Amalfi Coast, Italy