We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for birthday dinner

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
restaurant for birthday dinner

My husband adn I will be in Capri for 3 nights in September. I will celebrate my 50th while there. Any suggestions on a special restaurant? Atmosphere, view and great food? Ive read all the restaurant reviews and they all sound so great so just thought Id reach out for any thoughts on something memorable. Thanks so much.

Capri, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Capri
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

For the atmosphere and for traditional italian food: Da Paolino. For the view: Terrazza Brunella. On the sea side: Lo Smeraldo or Lo Zodiaco. I'd choose Da Paolino...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Thank you. I will go with your recommendation!

3. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 19:16
Edited: 25 June 2014, 19:16
los angeles
Level Contributor
853 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

I second the motion for Terrazza Brunella, beautiful views and great food. Have your concierge make a reservation for you and request a table near the windows.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Thank you all for your recommendations. Any thoughts also on Da Tonino? It looks lovely though I think I will go with Terazza Brunella or Da Paolino. Thanks!

Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Da Tonino has wonderful food and is on my list every time we visit Capri. The food has more of a "Northern Italian" slant that the others [i don't know anything about Fattoria Terranova]. Da Paolino is certainly unique in its setting amongst the lemon trees albeit in a non descript part of Capri. You can have an amazing dinner by ordering the appetizer buffet [pay by the plateful] followed by the best desert buffet ever [same deal].

My choices for a birthday dinner: 1. Da Paolino, 2. Da Tonino [ a lovely long walk...can't take transportation there. And try lunch by the ocean at Da Luigi

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

Thank you so much. All look wonderful so am sure cant go wrong.

8. Re: restaurant for birthday dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:15