We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Which Capri hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

I've got myself, the wife, and four kids ranging from 2 to 16 that I've got to get from Naples airport to our hotel on Capri.

Flight lands in the evening and I'm concerned about tight timing. I am hoping that someone can point me towards a service that can:

a. Transport us in one vehicle to the ferry terminal.

b. Pre-purchase and provide ferry tickets.

If anyone has information about such a service please let me know, thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

I don't know of any such service but your hotel on Capri may - you might want to check with them to see if they can arrange this for you - some do.

Capri, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sorrento, Capri
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Yes, many hotels organize transfer like this

or check with:

http://www.trialtravel.it/

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Any good hotel on Capri will arrange for the service as well and baggage handling and taxis when you arrive on the island. A hotel representative with a sign will meet you at the airport and your worries will be over. The charges are added to your bill,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Thanks gotlegal, unfortunately the Hotel Weber Ambassador apparently does not offer any services like this. Surprises me as well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Thank you Camilia, I think I'm going to check them out.

If I choose instead to just use a pair of taxi's at the airport, is it safe?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,736 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Hotel Weber is a no frills hotel - great location, mid-level hotel.

Safe from what when taking the taxis? Yes, the driving can be a tad intense (different style than I am used to but a blast, to me anyway) - tell them you want the set tariff - You can download the tariffs here:

www.napoliunplugged.com/naples-taxi-services

That is what I would do - get a couple taxis and then the boat on your own. When you reach Capri, you will need to get up to the bus area by the piazzetta and then the shuttle bus the Hotel Weber operates - ask them exactly where that pick up is - it may have changed since I last knew of it. That shuttle will take you down to Marina Piccolo. Of course, you could also pick up a few taxis at Marina Grande to take you to the hotel - it is not reachable via walking - well, it is, but it a long way and with luggage really not possible.

Even with all these taxis, it will still cost less than having a service do it all for you - but, that's your choice.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

If you want a service, the only thing I can think of would be call the concierge at the Quisisana or JK Place and see if they will recommend one. You have nothing to lose.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Thank you for the great advice momcat.

The Hotel Weber Ambassador seems a good choice for us since we need to connecting rooms and wanted to keep the price somewhat under control. If you have another hotel to recommend that might be better in the same price range please let me know.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

Thank you gotlegal, I will see if other hotels concierges might be more helpful.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
12,063 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Landing Naples at 18:45 - Large Family - Car/Ferry To Capri?

You can do this on your own.

First, use the fixed fare taxis from the airport to Molo Beverello (19 Euro each and you must tell the drivers that you want the fixed fare before the trip starts).

Purchase your tickets for the crossing when you arrive at Molo Beverello, not in advance, since you can't control when you will arrive. Too many variables, and your tickets won't be any good if you miss the boat you pre-purchased.

If your hotel can't arrange taxis/pick up service on the island, you can grab cabs at Marina Grande yourself.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 02:56