We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capri to Sorrento- Pompeii Tour

Marlton, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
Capri to Sorrento- Pompeii Tour

Hello,

My husband and I will be staying in Capri. We would like to go on a Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius tour that leaves from Sorrento's Achille Lauro Parking Area at 8:10 am. However, the earliest ferry from Capri leaves at 7 am. Has anyone else done this before and will we have enough time to make it there?

Tours of Capri
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Tour Guide of Capri
Cultural Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Capriexcursions
Sightseeing Tours
Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,929 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capri to Sorrento- Pompeii Tour

Why do you need a tour? Pompeii is a short train trip from Sorrento. Save your money and do it yourselves. Buses for Vesuvius depart close to the Pompeii ticket office - just ask for directions - they leave frequently.

Marlton, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Capri to Sorrento- Pompeii Tour

Ok thank you so much for the advice, I appreciate it!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
31,312 posts
588 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capri to Sorrento- Pompeii Tour

You won't need a tour at all, just go on your own.

4. Re: Capri to Sorrento- Pompeii Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16