We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary check

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary check

All - will be in Capri for 3 nights the first week of September. My first time there so please check my itinerary, thanks!

Saturday

- Arrive to hotel around 12pm

- Walk to La Fontellina for lunch/drink (can I make reservations?)

- Walk down Via Tragara and Via Camerelle (are these the "main streets" with shopping?)

- Visit Via Krupp

- Capri main square

- Anacapri chair lift (if time allows)

- Back to hotel then late dinner

Sunday

- First ferry out to Positano (10am I believe)

- Explore Positano for 4 or 5 hours

- Home and dinner

Monday

- Boat tour 10am - 2pm

- Anacapri if we missed it Saturday

- Other sights?

- JK Place for a drink then Lemon Tree Restaurant for dinner

Are there any particularly great spots for photos with views? I've seen so many great pictures of the streets of Capri with beautiful pink and purple flowers -- is this in a particular location or all over Capri? Also would like some pictures of the beaches with the colorful umbrellas. Any idea where the best place to go would be? (I love photos!) I apologize if these seem like silly questions but just want to have my bindings down before going.

Appreciate it!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,443 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary check

Your first day sounds a bit over full - I would think you would end up spending most of the afternoon down at the beach club.

Via Tragara is not a shopping street

Check www.capri.net for the many wonderful things to see on the island.

With such a brief amount of time, I'd not leave Capri but, obviously, that is up to you - there's just so much on Capri itself to enjoy and you don't even have two full days there with leaving for one of them.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary check

I agree with Mom Cat. Plus, four hours on a boat is too long. Go for two and be dropped off at a beach club for lunch and swimming. When people book a boat for a long day they either spend time sleeping or having lunch while the boat sits with the meter running.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary check

Oh. Hook 'em Horns!

4. Re: Itinerary check

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Capri
Recent Conversations