We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to stay

Dubai
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best location to stay

Hello guys,

Im heading with my wife to naples by the end of this month, i still cant figure out the below, seeking your help

1. Which is the best location to book a hotel?

2. Is it worth a day trip to capri and another day for positano or should i stay there one night?

3. I will be arriving in naples airport around 11pm is there airport shuttles or should i book a taxi

4. Any special advice to stay safe :)

4 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location to stay

1. The one YOU want to stay in! I personally like to be near where the Alibus drops off, which is now Stazione Marittima (Molo Beverello) rather than Municipio, and I like the Renaissance Mediterraneo (http://www.mediterraneonapoli.com/en/) for its rooftop restaurant; YOU might want to stay elsewhere!.

2. Can't tell what would be "worth it" for you, but of course you don't have to stay overnight at Capri or Positano. However, these are rather long day trips from Naples: staying overnight in Sorrento could facilitate both. At all events, look at the timetable for the last ferry back to Naples if visiting from there.

3. The last Alibus departure from the airport is at 23:40 (www.anm.it/index.php…) so if you are landing at 23:00 hrs you may need to take a taxi - which I wouldn't pre-book, myself. Depending on which hotel you choose, you can also book a private transfer through them, e.g. with the Mediterraneo it costs €40 (mediterraneonapoli.com/en/…).

4. I didn't find Naples any worse than, say, London or Paris so it all depends on what you are used to.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location to stay

Whatever you do look after your wallet and camera etc we had ours stolen from rucksack yesterday. Avoid markets there are pickpockets and thieves. Wear a rucksack or something on your front and try to lock zips if you can.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
44,964 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location to stay

Thieves/pickpockets can't get your stuff if is safely tucked away - I never have had anything stolen in Naples or anywhere else -

And, OP: if don't want to avoid the markets - don't, they are pretty amazing. Just keep your personal items safely put away where they can't be reached. Be vigilant, of course, as you would anywhere in the world - but, don't be paranoid

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,791 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best location to stay

Taxis into town from the airport have a fixed fare if you choose it. Depending on exactly where your hotel is the fare will be between €18 - €25.

Reply to: Best location to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted