We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

My family of 6 will be arriving into Naples by train in June of 2008. We would like to hire a private driver to bring the 6 of us to our hotel in Positano. I have been quoted a rate of 180 euros each way for a minivan. Does this seem reasonable? Thank you for any input-suggestions on good honest drivers would be greatly appreciated too!

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

It sounds a bit high to me, but then I'm not used to seeing estimates for transporting a group of 6. I'd check with more than one service if I were you.

aurora ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

Hi, Last year 6 of us went to Praiano and hired both drive amalfi for 135 uero from Naples train station, and then hired Marcello Maresca ( seesorrento.com) on the return from Praiano to Naples for 100 euros. The reason for the cheaper rate is because we also did a couple of tours with Marcello otherwise it would have also cost 135 with Marcello.

New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

Thank you for your reply. Do you remember which driver that you used from Naples train station to get to Amalfi? Thank you.

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

Use DriveAmalfi they charge €110 for up to 3 persons and €130 for up to 6 persons.Contact by email at info@driveamalfi.com

5. Re: Reasonable rate for personal driver from Naples train statio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 18:18