I'm planning to stay near the National Archaeology museum for 3 nights, a few questions:
1) I read that there are many stairs in the tunnel between Piazza Cavour and Museo metro stops. Is that right?
If so what should I expect a taxi from the central train station to the Museum (mid-day on a weekday) to cost? (so I don't have to drag my bag on that many steps)
2) Are there restaurants in that area? Groceries? Delis? Any recommendations for simple inexpensive food?
3) My planning has been focusing on how to get other places (Pompeii/Ercolano/Campi Flegrei), not how to get around Naples... where IS the center of town from there? How far? Street names/addresses that I can put into Google maps and play with would be great. Would there be a good bus to catch to/from the Museo area to nice parts of Naples for wandering/eating/seeing Neapolitan sites?
4) Is the Museo area a seriously scary one (I can handle basic city, I mean only if it's particularly dangerous at night)? I've been thinking it isn't, but just asking in case I should switch. (Just last minute second-guessing myself, checking for holes in my plans)
5) Napoli Centrale has luggage lockers and/or a left luggage office, right?
bonus) Why is Neapolitan (chocolate/vanilla/strawberry) ice cream called that?
Thanks for a few clues