We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hydrofoil to Capri

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
hydrofoil to Capri

How much is a ticket to Capri. If we take the ships tour it is $159 per person - I think they include a small tour and a meal. There are 4 of us so at that price we are talking $600 if we choose that option. We will be in Naples at the beginning of September - would Capri be worth the trip?? I still have to get my Naples pizza in there.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hydrofoil to Capri

Look like all the ferry companies charge 17 euros from beverllo port

examples

Napoli - Capri

Schedule Type Company Harbour Prices / Notes

07.10 Aliscafi/Jet Snav Molo Beverello € 17.00

feriale/on weekdays

07.25 Aliscafi/Jet N.L.G. - Linea Jet Molo Beverello € 17.00

festivo - on holidays

08.10 Aliscafi/Jet Neapolis Molo Beverello € 17.00

08.35 Aliscafi/Jet N.L.G. - Linea Jet Molo Beverello € 17.00

09.10 Aliscafi/Jet Snav Molo Beverello € 17.00

09.30 Aliscafi/Jet N.L.G. - Linea Jet Molo Beverello € 17.00

http://www.capri.com/en/orari-traghetti

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,835 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hydrofoil to Capri

Capri might still be crowded at the beginning of Seot. We went in may 2009 and at the end of May it was starting to get crowded.

There are bsues that can take you all over the island (if it isn't so crowded that you have to wait to get on).

Capri is very beautiful. A short hike from the Piazzetta can leave you relatively crowd free.

the piazzetta

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

one blocki from the Piazzetta

three blocks from the Piazzetta

on the way back from the Natural Arch

there is a lot more than jsut shopping on Capri, Google map I made for my May 2008 trip and updated when I got back

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hydrofoil to Capri

Great photos-thanks!

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
342 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hydrofoil to Capri

lupaling is right. Last time I visited in April 09, it was 17E/each way. At the current rate that is about $50 USD roundtrip. Lots of bars where you can grab an inexpensive $5 sandwich or try a simple cafe for a pizza. It's super easy to catch a ferry as soon as you exit the ship. Buy your return ferry ticket once you arrive in Capri. Take the bus to Anacapri on the other side of the island for 1.10E, or ride the funicular to the top of Capri Town and walk around. It's an easy 10 min. downhill walk to get back to the port from the main piazza in Capri Town.

southern california
Level Contributor
154 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hydrofoil to Capri

When I voiced my preference for off-season travel to Capri because of the crowds, an Italian friend explained to me that Capri should be experienced in it's crowded and bustling summer mayhem. Ever since the Romans, Capri has been a holiday destination with summer crowds filling the streets. I still have my off-season preferences for Capri as well as the Amalfi, but you could see it as an Italian would on an adventure dating back millenia. Once away from the Piazzeta, you'll find tranquil neighborhoods and wonderful vistas.

Buona Fortuna.

6. Re: hydrofoil to Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2009, 07:19