We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Can anyone please tell me if this bus is operating when I arrive in Naples for the day on Thursday 25 March please? I will be arriving in the Napoli Centrale train station from Sorrento and if the bus is operational at this time of year please can I be informed if the bus stops outside the station and is a ticket purchased from the driver?

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
333 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Hi,

According to my info the bus will operate in March and April from 9.45 till 3.45, as far as I know busses will depart not directly from the Central Station but a few blocks further.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Have a look here and you'll find what's probably the latest info available to any of us:

napoli.city-sightseeing.it/eng/percorsi.htm

That "Download PDF Depliant" link will get you their route map etc.

Shout if it doesn't make sense!

Peter

Dorchester, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Thanks for the info and I have downloaded the timings and routes. I can see that Piazza Municipio is a 30-min. walk from the train station so was thinking about taking the metro. Wonder if you can tell me the line to take and how to go about getting a ticket there and back please.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Yes - it is indeed a fair walk from the station to Castel Nuovo!

We very rarely use the Metro for travel within the city however - the last time I took a photo - the station in Piazza Municipio looked like this....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/121363540

Things have a way to go yet so, instead of waiting for the first train to arrive, taking a bus may be a better idea!

The website of the main ANM bus company isn't particularly easy to navigate, though it's better if you have a decent guidebook that tells you which buses pass the particular place you want to go. Details of individual routes are here:

http://www.anm.it/default.php?ids=923

For you, one that would work is the very frequent R2 - you'll find the stop it uses in the south-west corner of Piazza Garibaldi:

anm.it/Upload/RES/PDF/LINEE/linea%20R2.pdf

Ticketing for the local public transport - buses, metro, trains and the funiculars - all comes under one combined system, the UnicoCampania.

http://www.unicocampania.it/index.php?lang=en

Take a look at the "Fares & tickets" section for the various types, but you'll perhaps mainly want the UnicoNapoli:

www.unicocampania.it/index.php…

Tickets can be bought at kiosks, in bars and at other places where their logo is displayed.

OK?

Peter

Bookmark: IWalton

UK
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

How about taking the ferry from Sorrento to Naples? The dock is just across, a busy road but we survived, from Castel Nuovo.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

Just like this in fact:

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/121163100

Go perhaps 50 yards to the right and there are traffic lights which provide a safer, though less dramatic, way to cross the road!

Peter

7. Re: Naples Citysightseeing Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 05:18