We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

new jersey
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

Hi,

Does anyone know where the Sita Bus drops you off in Pompei Scavi. I hope right near the ruins, because we do not want to get lost.

Also, since after Pompei, we are going to take the train to Sorrento and then the hydrofoil back to our cruise ship, does anyone know how many hydrofoil companies leave from Sorrento and their schedules for April, 2010.

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

Pompei is the largest tourist attraction in all of southern Italy, and that bus goes to Pompei Scavi - Pompei's ruins.

While I can't show you exactly where the stop is, you'll be amongst hundreds of others all heading in the same direction, to the same place, and you really don't need worry about finding it!

The Alilauro company have their April to mid-June hydrofoil timetable available now...

http://www.alilauro.it/orari.pdf

The departure times most likely to be of use to you are:

12:00, 13:40 or 16:25.

I can't see those of any other operators at present.

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Alilauro
Alilauro
72 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

I will advise you rail circumvesuviana (vesuviana.it), is punctual and does not suffer from traffic. From cruise ship to circumvesuviana takes 20 minutes by foot or taxi up to 10 euros max.

The station is located next to the entrance of Pompeii excavations and the same railway line takes you to Sorrento where you can find the ferries to Capri

Edited: 07 April 2010, 15:01
Mentioned in this post
Pompeii
Pompeii
Sorrento
Sorrento
Capri
Capri
Island of Capri, Italy
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

forgot ....pompei station = villa dei misteri

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,338 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

The SITA bus station that Peter suggested is more conveniently placed than the Circumvesuviana in the Naples central station

See google map for approx placements SITA bus stop is blue bus and the Naples train station is the blue train onthe tracks. It's a mile from the bus stop to the Naples train station.

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

"From cruise ship to circumvesuviana takes 20 minutes by foot or taxi up to 10 euros max"

It's a 20 min walk if you are walking 3 miles per hour. My faster speed on the treadmill at the gym is only 2.7 miles /hr. Maybe it's just because I'm old.

If you take a taxi, you will have to cope with the headaches of arguing with the Taxi driver to keep your fare at 10 euro whichn I believe is close to the legal limt. last time I took a taxi fron Beverello port to the train station , I had to negotiate with a group of taxi drivers to get anyone to take me for 20 euro

There are only 2 entrance to Pompeii. Even if the SITA bus drops you in downtown Pompeii, ther is an entrance there: The Amphitheater gate. It takes about 30 min to walk on the uneven pavement from Eastern Pompeii to the western side where you woudo exti to catch the train to Sorrrento (Porta Marina gate). There are houses and sites ot see on the way to western Pom[eii

Edited: 07 April 2010, 16:43
Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Pompeii
Pompeii
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,338 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

Here's a google map of Pompei/Pompeii that I made

It shows the Porta Marina ticket office as the orange mailman, the Amphitheater gate as the red circle and the Pompei Scavi/Villa die Misteri stop as a red cross.

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Mentioned in this post
Pompeii
Pompeii
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

LL,

Between us all, we've sorted just about every step of this excursion and Stefano69's intervention is rather unfortunately off-target - however he is the Esperto locale for both Naples and Campania on the Italian version of these Forums, and probably does not need to be told where those various places are.

But - as was realised by the OP long ago - the train to Pompei can in fact be caught from the Porta Nolana station, and there's absolutely no need to go as far as the one indicated on your map - so perhaps several of your comments are misplaced?

One instance of a Neapolitan not going too far!

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Porta Nolana
Porta Nolana
24 Reviews
Naples, Italy
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

Dear users, I go every morning to walk to the door Vesuvius Nolan (Corso Garibaldi) a Maritime Station (cruise port) and it takes me 20 minutes ......... the shoes you lead?

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

course map in hand follow the shortest route and taxis should be taken out of the port, confirm max 10 euro not a euro more dates

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

station circumvesuviana porta nolana in "corso garibaldi 387" no "piazza garibaldi"

Edited: 07 April 2010, 18:10
10. Re: Sita Bus from Naples Port to Pompei Scavi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 05:17