We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can someone recommend a local tour company

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Topic
can someone recommend a local tour company

I would recommend if someone can give me specific names of

local tour companies.

For first timer to Naples and arriving by cruise ship, what would

you recommend we include in our itineary.

Is it easy to naviagate by ourselves or should we join a tour

for a first timer to Naples

NY
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: can someone recommend a local tour company

That is always very personal to recommend places to go to, as the Neapolitan area is so rich of art, culture and history, but also some of the most amazing sceneries, so that is all depending on your interest. One tour from Naples could be the Amalfi coast, with Positano, Amalfi and Ravello or you could opt for some scenic tour to Sorrento and Positano and the archaeological site of Pompeii or maybe just Pompeii and Herculaneum sites. My recommendation for the car service is Sorrentosilverstar, very professional, courteous English speaking drivers and great flexibility in arranging tours.

Have a great time.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
647 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can someone recommend a local tour company

Hi randall67

Again, because I have not been to any of these sites, can you help me

to decide on which area I should go to. Also, since we are on a cruise,

I have to make sure it is feasible for me to come back on the cruise on

time. ( ido not know how far any of these places are from the port)

Basically we have a family of 5, 3 adults and 2 teenagers. I think

visiting historical site, without having too much strenous walking is what

our family prefer ( as I understand it will be very hot during the summer)

Safety of the area is also very important.

WE are extremely busy at work, so I do not think I will have too much time

to do research. Also what is on paper is never the same as a live experience by someone who has visited the area.

Our family would really appreciate any feedback anyone of you can give us

NY
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: can someone recommend a local tour company

Hello, I hope I could be of some help to you. Considering all your needs I would do the Amalfi coast tour which is very panoramic and no stressful at all for your kids. From Naples the ride would go straight to Positano, where you could spend some free time for shopping or swimming on the lovely local beach, (partly public, so you shouldn't pay), then on to Amalfi to visit some of the historical centre with the Duomo and then Ravello which is situated on the mountains and has some terrific views and lovely gardens to visit (Villa Rufolo). The drivers generally recommend lovely restaurants for lunch. That is the tour that offers lovely views, great photo opportunities and little stress. The drivers are able to plan the day to give you the best out of the tour and to return for sure in time for the ship, so what you have to do is just to relax and enjoy it. That is the kind of experience I have had, using the company I recommended to you, smooth ride, great drivers, and memorable time.

I wish you a great cruise time.

Randall.

4. Re: can someone recommend a local tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 05:17