We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
253 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

Hello,

We will be in Naples for 2-3 nights after a week in AC. We would appreciate any recommendations for where (neighborhood, area) to book hotels. Nice safe areas that are near main sights or well served by public transportation with some nightlife would be perfect.

Thank you for your help.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

Piazza Bellini, in the historic center about 2 blocks south of the Archaeological Museum. Easy to get to from the train station through a combination of the metro and walking. There are several small hotels/B&Bs in the area.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

We really liked B&B Capella Vechia.

new york
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

I would recommend staying in Chiaia, which is ann upscale area within walking distance of the historic center (walk of about 25 minutes or so). There is a lot of nightlife in the area, and it is far less "scruffy" than the historic center.

Not sure about your hotel budget but the Palazzo Alabardieri is a good 4-star hotel that offers internet discounts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

I've got a reservation at the Chiaja Hotel de Charme, which has been recommended by several friends, among them one who traveled on her own. I can't wait. I don't know Naples at all (stayed once overnight before picking up a car to drive to the Cilento, but that hardly counts). I believe it's near the Piazza del Plebiscito, rather central.

new york
Level Contributor
164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

That should be a good location and the hotels gets good reports.

I am headed to the Cilento in September and would love to know where you went, what your impressions were, etc etc. Our plans are tentative but so far I planned two bases in the area: One near Palinuro and one in Castellabate. I requested information on another thread but that did not generate many comments. Would you consider responding to that query? Or commenting here?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1954173-i21018-k4…

There are so few details about the area on English-language sites and guidebooks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

I stayed at a private home in Perdifumo, but I will take a look at your question and see if I can help.

Haddonfield, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

Stayed five days at the Decumani Charme,reasonable and fabulous staff ! Steps from Spaccanapoli, it is on the second floor of an historic building and within walking distance to all the major attractions and also Molo Beverello, where you catch the hydrofoils to the islands. We are hardy and also walked to Chiaia and as far as the US Embassy. Although Chiaia and beyond are upscale and there was a bit less trash, we preferred the authentic Naples with its wonderful people, incredible sights and fabulous food.

Must sees include: Castel San Elmo with a magnificent view of the city, San Severo, Spaccanapoli and the street of the presepe. Also a drive down the coast from Ravello to Sorrento can be arranged at the hotel. We spent five days and didn't see everything we wanted. Loved Naples and will certainly return!

8. Re: Hotel in Naples : which area/neighborhood ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:18