We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples safe area

Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
262 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Naples safe area

My boyfriend and I are planning to stay in Naples fpr twp days in mid September and we would like to know which is the best area to stay. I find Best Western Hotel Plaza in Piazza Principe Umberto but it seems that the area isn't safe. Also I find Albergo del Golfo in Via Sedile di Porto, which it seems ok and Hotel Chanel in Piazza Mercato. What do you think?

Thank you very much

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples safe area

I generally recommend Piazza Bellini. There are several small hotels/B&Bs in the area. It's basically on the western edge of the historic center, about 2 blocks south of the archaeological museum. A very convenient location, and easy to get to from the train station through a combo of metro and walking. Very safe day or night.

Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
262 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples safe area

What do you think about Hotel Napolit'amo, Via San Tommaso D'Aquino 15, Centro Storico. It would be ok?

Any other suggestion?

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples safe area

I don't know that specific location very well, but I would think it's okay. I suggesting seeing what guests who have stayed there (and other nearby hotels) say about the area in their reviews.

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples safe area

Hi Silver. I just returned from Italy and one of the highlights was a stay at the Bed and Breakfast Domus Gemi. It is smack in the middle of the historic area on Via Tribunali, which is a wonderful street. We were two women travelling and we never felt unsafe in this neighborhood. It has a real community feeling to it and is soooo interesting and unique. The rooms are huge, clean and comfortable. Pasquale is an incredible host. It is about a 20 minute walk to the train station, but a world away. I am going to write a full review when I load up my pics. You can book via Venere.

5. Re: Naples safe area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 05:16