We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Locations to stay to see the Amaqlfi places

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
453 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Best Locations to stay to see the Amaqlfi places

I am to fly from Gatwick into Naples airport. I then have 14 days available and would like to see as many of the interesting Amalfi coast places as possible. Could anyone advise me where I should locate myself in order to get the best choice of transport to these places. I do not mind staying in two or three places. Many thanks. Duncan

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Locations to stay to see the Amaqlfi places

What time of year are thinking about, I take its next year? With two whole weeks you are really spoilt for choice, a lot of people want to cram it all into three days.

First to visit Pompeii, Herculaneum and make day visits to Capri and Ischia it would be best to base yourself in Sorrento. There is also a direct coach from Naples to Sorrento station. So that would give you a good base to start your trip.

To explore the Amalfi coast you would want to be based in Positano, Amalfi or possibly Rapello. None of these places are connected by rail so you are dependant on bus/taxi or ferry in the case of Positano, Amalfi and connexions to Sorrento. Depending on what time of year you are proposing for your trip I would prefer Ravello to be away from the crowds and be able to view the Amalfi coast line from above. Everyone has their personal preferences in this situation!

With the time that you have available I would recommend a couple of days or more one one of the islands. Either Capri or Ischia, again it depends on what you are seeking. For me a day trip to Capri was enough to satisfy my interest, however in the case of Ischia I was very pleasantly surprised with my one day visit and am planning on returning next year for a much longer visit!

No doubt you will get plenty of other ideas and hopefully you will have time to plan a visit to meet your personal objectives. Best of luck with your planning.

Edited: 14 September 2011, 16:59
2. Re: Best Locations to stay to see the Amaqlfi places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 05:17