We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

Just back and NOW I can say I have experienced a real Italian city!!

Trip report will have to wait a while as I fell and injured my left hand so typing is difficult at the moment. I am eager to write more but for now I will just say that from the food to the cultural sites to the scenes from normal everyday life(boys playing soccer,children walking home from school etc.) I LOVED every minute of my stay!!

Thanks to all for info that helped make it a good trip!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

All bar the wrist, great news.... and one more home relatively safely!

After some recent posts that you may well have missed before they were deleted, I fear I'm turning into Brian Hanrahan - the war correspondent who famously said, "I counted them all out and I counted them all back"

Get mended soon....

Peter

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

Glad to hear you had a great time. Welcome to the Napoli Lovers club!

Get better soon.

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

Visit Naples, Discover Napoli :) So glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself here!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,571 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

I can't wait - I have added a few days there next month as I was regretful that I didn't get to spend time there in March when I was in Positano.

Have booked my room and just received the most recent DK eyewitness guidebook which is making wish I had a few months to spend there.

I love the energy of Naples - it is such an adrenaline rush and the chaos just makes me swoon. But then, I moved to NYC back when it wasn't so Disney like and still regret the loss of the grittiness that NYC used to offer. Sigh.

Can't wait for Naples. Now, I just have to hunker down this weekend and choose what I want to see on this too brief trip this time and note what to see on the next foray in the Spring.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

You've found this by now, I trust?

http://www.inaples.it/eng/quinapoli.htm

Peter

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,254 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

So agree lovely City much maligned,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,784 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

Interestingly enough I did not feel the "chaos" at all!!

I don't love crowds although I grew up in NYC.

One night of walking on Via Toledo with everyone else was enough for me!!

It is hard not to write more.........

Maybe tomorrow.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

Glad you enjoyed Naples, it's a very warm city

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,571 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

I have Peter. It is a beautiful publication but I gather no hard copy if I recall what you mentioned. I will be devoting more time to it before I leave (and must say it looks even prettier on my brand new MacBook Pro) in addition to my new guidebook. Love the pop out map that came with the guidebook though I haven't looked at it yet closely enough to see what kind of details it offers on the tiny streets, etc., it does look cool.

I must say - even after all these trips/years, getting a new guidebook for me is like when I was a kid and would go and get my new notebook, pencils, etc for the first day of school. It is the same feeling.

So, today I will sit beneath the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge admiring Manhattan across the way while I learn more about Naples and scour it to desperately try to make choices from so many wonderful options.

Have a good weekend!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Added Naples to my FAVE city list!!

MC... To be truthful, I've not tried very hard to get one!

We rarely have call to be in the city's hotels, which is where I'd imagine that magazine is most likely to available - but otherwise, if passing, try asking at the various infopoints...

http://www.inaples.it/eng/azienda.htm

Peter

PS - And then there's also the "new" smell of a new book?