We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza Question

Edmonton,Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza Question

Help! I was really looking forward to going to Da Michele for pizza, but we are there on a Sunday and they are closed. Is there another place that is comparable that would be open on a Sunday?

We are only in Naples for a day. We were planning to do Pompeii in the morning and Naples in the afternoon. With Da Michele being closed, I'm thinking of skipping Naples and heading to Sorrento after Pompeii. In your opinion, is the pizza that good in Naples that you would spend the afternoon in Naples or would you head to Sorrento?

Edmonton,Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Pizza Question

Thanks for the list of places. Interesting that Da Michele and Pizzaria Starita aren't members. Di Matteo is.

I was listening to a Rick Steves' podcast about Naples and he was talking buffalo mozzarella and how it's the best mozzarella. It made me very hungry and that was 7 in the morning.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,804 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Pizza Question

Sorry Rick Steve is not the only one to go by at least once in Europe,

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Pizza Question

This will get the juices going - a gorgeous little guide to the food and wine specialities of our region....

bb-napoli.com/english/specialities-guide.pdf

And if you're fond of mozzarella, do try this place - which has at least two branches in Rome, one only a short walk from the Fratelli di Bufala in the Campo....

http://www.obika.it/english/index.html

Very nearly as good as having it here, but with a considerably wider choice than any one place is likely to offer!

obika.it/english/…menu-mozzarella-bar.html

And a good selection of Campanian wines, mostly from the winery described towards the end of this article:

epicurean.com/articles/wine-of-the-gods.html

Peter

Scranton...
Level Contributor
552 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Pizza Question

If Da Michele is closed, we had good luck with Osteria Borgo Antico, on Via Rua Catalana 80 near the intersection with Via Agostinio Dipretis. The pizza was a very good Neopolitan Bufalina. Small place, not too busy on a Sunday, with outdoor seating (near some street construction).

My only complaint was that we failed to ask for the price on a bottle of wine ahead of time, so I think we paid a good bit more than we should have, but we still enjoyed it!

NY NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Pizza Question

Having just returned from Naples I feel qualified to file my pizza report: Starita and Sorbillo are both to die for. Sorbillo is closed on Sundays, but Starita, according to their website is Sempre Aperti. So pizza lovers, plan accordingly. As for the mozzarella, the most amazing pizza in my opinion is Marinara, which has none!

Ciao, Nina

16. Re: Pizza Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 04:17