We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Jovis on Capri: closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Jovis on Capri: closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

Can anyone confirm definitively if Villa Jovis is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays each week? I've found conflicting information between various guidebooks and online sites.

We had planned to go to Capri on Wednesday, but one of the main reasons to visit for us was to see Villa Jovis (yes, I know what is there; we are very much interested in ancient ruins). If it is closed Wednesday, we'll go on a different day.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Jovis on Capri: closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

Cruisemom, I only noticed your query this evening. Had you posted it on the Capri forum I would have answered right away.

Both Villa Jovis and Villa Damecuta have been closed since end January supposedly for maintenance but really for lack of funding. Both are expected to reopen in April but the antiquities ministry in Rome hasn't indicated a date yet, or whether the Tuesday-Wednesday closing will still be in effect.

Check with me again (on the Capri forum) as we move into April and I'll try to get a firm answer for you. My contact at the tourist info office claims to know nothing at the moment.

2. Re: Villa Jovis on Capri: closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:41