We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

we are in naples at excelsior near napoli centrale,need help to plan 2 full day trips in capri,anacapri,sorento-salerno and pompei staying in naples and 3 rd day for naples,can someone suggest iternaries

dr yatin

Dawlish, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

Allow 4-5 hours for Pompeii ( you could do Mt Vesuvius the same day)

there is a bus from Pompeii

easily accessed by train from main station

You can do Naples to Salerno by train, Salerno to Sorrento by Alibus (changing at Amalfi) and then back to Naples by Ferry or train

Easily done in one day !!

Capri can be reached by ferry from Naples or Sorrento

Enjoy

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

thnx dawlish,is train or bus stations signed in english and easy to use public transport

yatin

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

>>> You can do Naples to Salerno by train, Salerno to Sorrento by Alibus (changing at Amalfi) and then back to Naples by Ferry or train

That was probably intended to read "SITA bus".... you'll find the current timetables (but expect a change on or around April 1st) at the foot of this page...

http://www.sitasudtrasporti.it/index.html

See this for help with their various codes!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k51…

Peter

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

thnx brit ,i hope buses are not crowded in last week of may,

also can u do

naples to salerno, by train,salerno-sorrento via amlfil and capri in a day or not departing 8 in morning and stoping enroute for photo oppurunities on amlfpr coast roads

yatin

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

Try this for a rough idea of journey times - and assume about 30/40 minutes for the sea crossing...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132567370

For sailing departure times start here....

http://www.capri.net/en/ferry-schedule

It would probably be a busy day - perhaps better done as two separate trips - as it wouldn't allow you long anywhere but, as long as you've not got a departing cruise ship to catch, could be done.... I suppose!

Do watch out for the relatively early last ship out of Capri..

Peter

ahmedabad
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

thnx peter,i also agree that it should be done as separate trip,but with whichone i should combine pompei

yatin

7. Re: naples sorrento and amalfil,capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:15