We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naples In May

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
45 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Naples In May

Big Hello from India,

my wife and I are planning a trip for a few days

we need advice on if we should stay in Naples city or should we go to Sorrento, Amalfi, Positano. we have 7days in Naples and would really like your advice as to where to stay for how long.

Please advice me which is a good area to stay in which is close to the night life to party and relax, which is a good safe party area,

best,

Pawan

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
158 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naples In May

Hi.

If you stay in Naples I would suggest the districts of Chiaia or Mergellina, which are very central, close to the seaside and where you can find pretty nice nightlife.

The old town ("Centro storico" or "Centro antico" in Italian) is also a nice area where to stay, but it depends on what you're gonna do in Naples. It could be very good if you're interested in museums, arts, monuments, old churches and so on.

Please avoid the area surrounding the central station: there's a plenty of cheap hotels there, but it's actually scary and unsafe at night.

There's a lot to see in Naples, have fun and enjoy your trip.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 08:42
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
45 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naples In May

Sanvean, Thank you for the email, we are looking to relax be near the beach and party little

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,585 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naples In May

If it's a beach you're after, you'll need to go down the coast a little. Positano has two beaches - both are not sandy, they are really large pebbles (I would call them rocks actually!) - but you can hire sun lounges for about 5 euros for the afternoon.

Nightlife in the form of nightclubs in Positano is pretty non-existent - at least I couldn't find any so I could be wrong here. It's more a relaxed, honeymooner's type of town. Plenty of bars though, and the views are just pure magic.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
45 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naples In May

Please advice where you think is the best place to stay

Positano

Amalfi

Sorrento

Naples

We are flying in to Naples and then going to Rome and flying to Obliva

We love the beach the bar, cafe, place to relax

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naples In May

There is no one "best" place to stay. They all have "best" things about them. Do some research on each town and look at photos which will help you decide what is "best" for you.

New York
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Naples In May

There is no one "best" place to stay. They all have "best" things about them. Do some research on each town and look at photos which will help you decide what is "best" for you.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naples In May

Ischia has some wonderful sandy beaches, its a 1 hr hydrofoil ride from Naples.

www.onischia.com

www.ischiaonline.com

Edited: 21 January 2013, 15:05
8. Re: Naples In May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 05:19