We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day campania arte card worthwhile with child?

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
681 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
3 day campania arte card worthwhile with child?

I am trying to see if the campania arte card is worth it for two adults and a 9 y.o. child. We will be based in Positano, and plan to vist Paestum, then two days later, Pompei and/or Herculaneum on the way back to Naples train station (so we could use the card within the 3 days).

However, I probably wouldn't take advantage of the free transportation. I think it covers the local train pompei/naples, but not sure if we will have a driver take us from Positano to Pompei, and wait for us, then drop us off in Naples. We will have luggage with us.

I have also considered going on to the naples archeological museum from Pompei, before taking the train to rome (and leaving our luggage at baggage check at the train station)

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day campania arte card worthwhile with child?

Pompeii ruins can be much cooler than what is in the Naples Archeological Msuem depnding on what is actually open on the day you go. Spend a whole day in Pompeii instead. There is plenty to see.

Providence, RI
Level Contributor
681 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day campania arte card worthwhile with child?

Thanks! Would you use a tour guide? And skip Herculaneum?

3. Re: 3 day campania arte card worthwhile with child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:16