We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza tour

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza tour

I am thinking about doing a day trip to Naples from Sorrento. As I am traveling solo, I would prefer to do a tour - and since I have heard Naples is the spiritual home of pizza I thought this might be an interesting tour theme to hunt for. I'm not having much luck though - can anyone recommend a "pizza tour" in Naples?

New York
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pizza tour

There's really no need for a tour and from what I've seen in my own research there really aren't many. It's very easy to get around all the wonderful sights and just as easy to eat yummy pizza. There's a ton of information in the Naples forum. I just spent 3 nights there on my own and had a fabulous trip. My only regret is that I never spent time in Naples sooner. You can easily spend a week there and still not see all there is to see. I can't wait to go back!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,402 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pizza tour

Pizza! - my favourites are Pizzerina Gino Sorbillo at Via Tribunali 32, Starita at Via Materdei 28 and Da Michele at Via Cesare Sersale 1. I've also had nice pizza at the restaurant Anema e Cozze down on the bayfront on Via Partenope.

Check the reviews section for opening times and look at a map for their locations - Starita is quite a way from Da Michele - maybe you'll need the walk to work up an appetite lol!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pizza tour

I've not noticed any tours of that sort, and particularly not one conducted in English....

However you'll find details of the AVPN (the "True Neapolitan Pizza Association" or 'Associazione Verace Pizza napoletana'), the main body behind the push for the dish's official recognition, here:

http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/index_eng.php

The list of their members in the Campania region includes a good few within Naples....

www.pizzanapoletana.org/showreg_eng.php…

And try this, for the rules on what makes a real Neapolitan pizza - as distinct from styles preferred elsewhere!

pizzanapoletana.org/public/…20UK.pdf

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

4. Re: Pizza tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:18