We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Naples/Pompeii to Cantania in one day!!?

Hackettstown, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Naples/Pompeii to Cantania in one day!!?

Is it possible to leave Rome early in the morning on a Thursday in July by train to Naples, take the Circumvensuviana train and tour Pompeii and then return to Naples and take a 16:40 (4:40 PM) flight to Cantania?

Thank you!

Peter

Italy Limousine
Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Archaeology Tours, Private Tours
Leisure Italy - Tours
Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Rail Tours
Insolitaguida
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Naples/Pompeii to Cantania in one day!!?

Yes.... it should be, although I'd suggest working out just how long you'd have at the site... allowing time for getting back to the airport and however long they say for checkin etc!

There again, with the earliest fast trains from both Trenitalia and Italo Treno down before 9AM, it's little different from visiting from Naples on the day one flies out.... which lots of people must do?

Peter

Hackettstown, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Naples/Pompeii to Cantania in one day!!?

Thank you for your reply Peter. I've read many of you posts and appreciate your great advice.

I'm taking my daughter to Italy to celebrate her 16th birthday.

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Naples/Pompeii to Cantania in one day!!?

Lovely!

Do give us a shout if having difficulty with any of the arrangements..

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

4. Re: Rome to Naples/Pompeii to Cantania in one day!!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Naples