We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Artecard from Naples station

Cambridge
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Artecard from Naples station

Can someone tell me where the artecard information point at Naples Central Station is. Do they have a good stock of cards - looking to buy 3 day all region one. Do they accept credit cards?

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Artecard from Naples station

Hi Melanie. ....hope I'm not too late with my reply. Bought this card last week in the station. They are in the tourist information office which is to the left when you come off the train (assuming not metro)

Cash only I'm afraid.

Hope this helps

Fiona

Cambridge
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Artecard from Naples station

Thanks but you're too late - went last Sunday, left on Friday. Bought artecard at Archaelogical museum (also cash only).

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Artecard from Naples station

We recently visited Naples but i was a little confused by the information regarding the artecard on the internet. I wasn't sure what was included and if the transport would be included for the places we wanted to visit.

We purchased the 3 day card for 32 euros which included transport for the region. We travelled by metro and the by train on our first day to Pompeii. Day 2 we travelled by metro and train to Herculaneum (we also visited Mt Vesuvius which was not included). Day 3 we travelled around Naples by Metro & the funicular and visited Naples National Archaeological Museum and Castel Sant'Elmo. We were expecting to pay 1/2 price for the 3rd entrance but we didn't pay anything. Day 4 we visited Caserta but the card had expired by then and if we had planned it better we could have saved even more. We found the card very good value for money and although we had to pay cash for the card it meant we weren't paying out each day.

We were asked when purchasing the card where we intended to visit as i think there is a cheaper card that only includes transport in Naples

4. Re: Buying Artecard from Naples station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:15