We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizza early evening

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
426 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Pizza early evening

We will be in Rome in September and will be taking a day trip to Pompeii. On the way back we hope to go to the Archaeological Museum and then try some Naples pizza. I had a place picked out (Sorbillo) but I just read that they are closed 3 - 7:30 and when I looked at the train schedule the last fast train leaves at 7:30. Are there any pizza places that would be open earlier near either the museum or the train station or do I need to forgo dinner in Naples?

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pizza early evening

I take it you're looking to have pizza in the late afternoon. Most pizzerias in Naples (or anywhere else in Italy) are going to be closed at that time of day.

You might consider having pizza for lunch instead, then going to the museum afterwards.

Good luck.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pizza early evening

Oh, I think that Da Michelle (the famous one, in all the guidebooks) is open all afternoon. It's a bit of a trek from the museum though.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pizza early evening

I agree with Jeff - Da Michele doesn't close during the day (however they are not open at all on Sundays)

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g187785…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
306 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pizza early evening

I don't think di Matteo closes between lunch and dinner. I recall going there a couple of years ago around 4 or 4:30. They are down the street from Sorbillo and also close to the Museum.

http://www.pizzeriadimatteo.com

Via dei Tribunali, 94

Cambridge
Level Contributor
464 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pizza early evening

Also try I Decumani whuch is open 11.30am - 11pm but closed all day Monday at 58-61 Via dei Tribunali between Sorbillo and Di Matteo (which we ate at on a Fri lunchtime).

Maryland
Level Contributor
426 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pizza early evening

Thank you everyone! I'm so glad to hear there are some places that will be open in the afternoon. I will write down all the names and addresses and see which one we can make it to. I'm thinking we will either take a taxi to Da Michele and walk to the train station or walk to di Matteo or I Decumani and then metro back to the station. My FIL will be very happy to hear he will get to try some Naples pizza. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
306 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pizza early evening

The atmosphere at I Decumani is nicer but the pizza at di Matteo is much better, in my opinion. I tried a margherita at both one day apart.

modica
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pizza early evening

Pizza is the one thing you can eat all day every day in Naples. SOrbillo - which is on Via Tribunali now opens at 8am for margheritas and marinaras, and at 7pm for dinner. Fantastic Neapolitan pizza. Service non existent. Dont expect to be coddled by your waiter expecting a tip. Sit down, order, eat, and leave.

mullica hill, nj
Level Contributor
162 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pizza early evening

Does anyone know if da Michelle is open on Monday...it is the only day we can get to Naples.. I had the pleasure of eating there and want to take my dh..

10. Re: Pizza early evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:17