We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soccer/football match in Napoli?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Soccer/football match in Napoli?

My wife and I will be honeymooning in May, and while in Naples on our way back from the Amalfi Coast, we want to go to an SSC Napoli football match. There is one scheduled 5/18/14 vs. Verona at 3:30 and that would be perfect. I have a few questions, as I haven't been to any European football matches in over 10 years.

- Do I need to get tickets beforehand and if so how much can I expect to pay for them?

- I see that the stadium is pretty far from central Naples, do people go to the stadium or nearby bars early and do anything similar to tailgating/pregaming/partying? Or do people just show up to go to the game and then go home? We want to participate in whatever pregame festivities there may be.

- Any other random advice?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples
Level Contributor
8,739 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soccer/football match in Napoli?

Yes you need tickets beforehand. Ask your hotel to organise it. No, it's not like US football matches as in tailgate parties etc. in fact the security presence is pretty heavy - although that depends on who is playing.

I would watch the game in a bar if I were you. In the Naples historic centre there are lots of bars/cafes that have their televisions on and people gather to watch the games. Fun atmosphere and you can just walk back to your hotel afterward. The stadium is out of the way.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,639 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soccer/football match in Napoli?

Oh no, definitely if you can make it go to the stadium...not difficult to get there by train...not sure how to buy tickets but I would contact SSC and make enquiries.

sscnapoli.it/static/content/Contacts-104.aspx

3. Re: Soccer/football match in Napoli?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2015, 06:18